JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 2/16/19 9:40 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,831 Replies
Chimpfu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Maybe "SamDung"

0 Likes
Chimpfu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

0 Likes
MikeCamp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are still having the issue, this is just stupid for this expensive of a refrigerator.  I'm needing a new Washer and Dryer combo.  Guess which manufacturer will not be on my list of replacements.  I'm done with Samsung!  Won't look at any thing they produce, products look really good but do not perform.

Mike

0 Likes
userJNOMKgfwQ8
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh my goodness i thought it was just us with this issue but now i see that we are not the only ones.  Sign me up also against Samsung! Will never buy a samsung electronics ever again!!.  

Our model is the RF23J9011SR/AA and we bought it  Jan '16

Mikaela
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We had a service call yesterday come out and replace the icemaker (it's working fine for now) BUT something weird started happening.

The freezer started thawing, even though it showed -8 (which we didn't set it to) and the fridge showed 38.

A thermometer inside shows the temperatures are higher.

I did an unplug reset and it shows the right temps (31 and 39 right now), but the temperature reading drops until its at the wrong numbers again. I've done this a couple times.

I'm about ready to lose a bunch of food. Any recommendations?

0 Likes
userMqu4fA2wMu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Curious... what is everyone using for the water filter?

Genuine Samsung? Or aftermarket? 

0 Likes
useryWQyq1PPhR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Model RF28HFEDBSR refrigerator is less than 90 days old (delivered May 27, 2017). The icemaker worked 4 days before the icebox froze up and stopped working. Purchased from HOME DEPOT store 2902 in Jackson MS (this model is as of today still being sold in their store - see attached picture). I finally got a service technician out to my house on July 8, was told there were issues with this icemaker and Samsung had sent out a "little fix". So he did the "little fix" and it worked for 4 more days, then froze over and quit working again. I have been getting the run around from SAMSUNG ever since. When I called service technician to tell him it was no working again, was told to go through Samsung. Home Depot told me it was a Samsung issue (even though there is apparently an issue with these icemakers and it was sold to us without them informing us). Samsung requested Bill of Sale, etc, which I emailed AND faxed a few days later with a cover letter. No response, even though I was supposed to get a response in 24-48 hours. Finally talked to several different people at Samsung, and the ECR (?) department requires a service technician to go out to my house again and try to repair (apparently Samsung had sent out another service bulletin (another "little fix" for this icemaker and they HAD TO TRY TO REPAIR IT BEFORE I could send it back. Seriously? This refrigerator is less than 90 days old. This is unacceptable. I want my money back. WHY would I want a refrigerator that has had to be repaired twice within the first 90 days of use? And based on the obscene run-around I have had from Samsung, do your really expect me to PAY for an extended warranty on this appliance? For what? Apparently there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung for this very thing.  Google it. I have already been contacted by a law firm involved. But really, all I want is for SOMEONE (I don't care if it's Samsung or Home Depot) to come pick this piece of crap up and give me a refund. That's all I want.

0 Likes
usernlaGtqWDny
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exact same ice maker issue.  Technicians are making a killing replacing samsung appliance problems.  Samsung does nothing to fix

0 Likes
user74ZI0gNeq7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a freezer that is 3 months out of warrenty and stopped working. No frost on outside of bin, refrigerator is set at 38 degrees and the freezer bin is jammed shut and will not come out. I was told the for $100 they woulld come out and tell me what the problem was. They would then tell me how mush it would cost me to fix it. Can anyone tell me how to fi the problem? I have been a loyal customer of Samsung products but no more.

0 Likes
userI0c7115oCs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Typical Samsung ice maker frost... so sick of it. Here is what they want us, the customers to do, as they have no fix, or at least, nothing they offer their customers since this is a known issue:

press/hold Enery Saver+Ice Off for 3-5 seconds, it will start beeping, touch the buttons until the Fd shows in the screen, let it beep for a while, while it's defrosting, do this cycle another 3-4 times, clean up all the water dripping, to then put in the ice bucket back in, and let it make ice.

be ready to start doing this every 2-3 weeks, as it will continue frosting due to junk equipment and not taking care of customers; just sitting back and counting their money, while we spend ours!
0 Likes