cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDwSHVINNUa
Astronaut

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Ice maker has now stopped working, have never had a problem until now. Reset button does nothing no matter how long i hold it down. Ice maker is not turned off. Even replaced the filter just to see if anything would change....no results

userDwSHVINNUa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # Rfg23788rs\xaa

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this link and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userI78SIB6Y6j
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wife got the idea to shut off at the breaker board for the house for 15 minutes as a reset.  It's been working again ever since ( 24 hours).  Seemed worth sharing though.

user9Bi4isF2Vi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have a RF23HTEDBSR that cost me well over $2500 in Jan 2015.  Of course it is out of warranty.  This is not the first problem.  I have noticed the food is not always as cold as it should be lately and now today the ice maker just stopped working.  I tried to pull the ice tray out to do a reset but it will not come out easily and I am afraid to break it.  Is there some easy way to pull the ice tray out?  I am beyond angry as a single mom as this is not my first repair and I do not have the $$$ to replace or repair right now.

Highlighted
Rugger80
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this nearly $3000.00 refridgerator largely because we had trust in the Samsung brand. The ice maker has always been slow, much slower than the $800 Fridgedaire unit this unit replaced. Now, the ice maker completely stops making ice. And the Samsung solution is to 'defrost and reset.'  This is not acceptable. Every 2 weeks? I can repair this but why is Samsung forcing us to repair/replace their defect. Just over one year out of warranty and no ice maker. I called Samsung. They have a service center over 90 miles away, $100 up front charge, this in addition to parts, labor and expenses(?!). We are feeling foolish for not researching this pruchase, we did like Samsung and felt OK with buying their product. 

So, Samsung is through with us. Can I get some feedback on some of the repair/replace procedures available on line? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a reference number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Rugger80
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ticket number: 4149773718

userJizY4DmZyb
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To unfortunately get to join this group of customer who purchased French door Samsung who’s ice maker not working. Tried the reset and other tips suggested without fix. I hope I get a timely response and there is something done

userlL23ZvHlCC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the French door type Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker is constantly freezing up and not producing ice. The top and sides get froze up and cannot produce ice cubes to flip over.     We can thaw it out with a hair dryer and reset but it freezes up again in a few days.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this we are not getting our ice cubes regularly?