Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RFF266 fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate the input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUd3QZTIBTO
Constellation

New Samsung Four door refrigerator Ice Maker Does not work

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung Refrigerator Model No.: RF28K9070SR/AA Bought : March 2019 Installed : April 2019 First Service : May 21, 2019 Serviced For : Adjustment of door ( snap rings required to adjust the doors were not sent with original package, otherwise I could have done it myself). First started : May 21, 2019 New Issue : Ice make does not work. Not a single cube of ice in the ice bucket. Water dispenser works fine with enough pressure to fill a 8Oz glass in < 10s. Tried : 1. Page 51 of the operating manual says to check test button. Did that. Sometimes hear a ding dong , sometimes do not hear anything. After first reset gave a gap of 24 hrs, nothing happened. after couple of hours gap between each reset / test ). 2. Shut off the breaker a few times for upto 5 minutes and tried rest / test button again. Sometimes hear a ding dong , sometimes do not hear anything. 2.1. Page 51 of the Operation Manual says that after the first chime (ding dong sound) should hear another chime if the ice make is working properly.. Never heard the second chime. 3. Shut off the breaker again today ( Memorial Day) for 5 minutes, took out the water filter ( though I think that was not the issue as water is dispensing properly. Also before connecting the water supply to the refrigerator during installation, more than 5 gallons of water was drained from the house water supply. So that should not be an issue. 3.1. Tried the test / reset button. No chime at all. This is frustrating as now I have to go buy ice from the grocery store for the memorial day party.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: New Samsung Four door refrigerator Ice Maker Does not work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUd3QZTIBTO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung sent a repair technician on May 31.  Based on the description, the technician had two parts with him that he replaced including the drain pipe.  Steam defrosted the ice maker, opened it and replaced the parts.  There was no ice on the ice box, completely empty though the ice maker was frozen.  Installation was fine so the issue must have been in the new ice maker itself as it never made any ice from the first day.  Makes ice now.  Keeping my fingers crossed as one of my neighbor had seven warranty repairs of the ice make in last five years or so ( teo during warranty and five during extended warranty). 

Samsubg customer service was very responsive and the service technician ( I was surprised to see that he was from Dish Networks. Samsung must have subcontarcted the repair) was really nice .  However I was surprised that the technician did not have any floor protection with him as he was going to move the fridge out.  I was worried about my newly laid wood floor being scratched.  Luckily I had some cardboards wide enough for the fridge.   

userDbVMymzaaQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, as with hundreds of of Samsung RF28L owners remain extremely dissatisfied with poor ice maker design.  A retired engineer, I have developed a recovery procedure carefully using a heat gun and can usually restore ince-making function with a mere 30-minutes of work;  UNTIL TODAY.  Oh, I can defrost and finally get that cute chime, but now the is not kicking ice into the bucket. Our model is about 3.5 years old and has had about four service visits after we smartly extended the warranty....now expired.  If I had to pay for any of the the crappy ineffective parts that techs have loaded into the ice maker section over the years, this would have been donated to a charity that does not require ice long ago.  Now, it seems to be turning a corner and rejecting my carefull, loving ice-making administrations.  It's probably donation time!

We'd be happy to participate ina any class actions from here in AZ.

If any REAL administrators are reading:

RF28HMEDBSR/AA

S/N <HIDDEN>

You can come and pick it up anytime.

userzy7vQoFrA1
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator Defect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator was purchased about 4 years ago and started having problems around 2 years after purchased. Model# RF28HDEDBSR/AA There were/are four issues; 1. My ice maker freeze up and do not make ice. It actually started about 2ish years but I didn't get it serviced due to cost. 2. There was water and ice underneath the trays. So much water was there, it over flowed to my wooden floor. 3. Problems with motor fan which stopped suddenly and the refrigerator stop working. I had to throw away some of the food because the service took 3 days. I noticed the entire back panel was all frozen and was able to see ice. I had the fan and back panel replacement service done which cost around $250. 4. About 2 weeks ago, my freezer stop working. It was set to 0 degrees, so I tried raising the freezer temperature to -7 degrees and it started working. When I decreased the temperature to 0 degrees, it again didn't work. I raising the again to -7 degrees and started working. I lower the temperature to 0 degrees the next day and it worked. I had to throw out some of the meat, seafood, and ice creams because it was thawed and melted. These issues started after only 1 year warranty. I thought maybe this was just my problems (just bad luck), but later found out most, if not all had problems with ice maker and ice and water forming inside and under the drawers. This is very, very frustrating, wasting money on food replacement, cost of panel replacement, having to buy ice bags (before thru today). Samsung should repair or replace these issues because most of the problems were happening everywhere, which indicates that it is a designed flaws and/or manufacturing flaws. I know of some of Class Action for different model but same issues with my model. I have inquire about the issues several time but Samsung Customer Service simply say 'NO. the warranty expired'. I don't know if I should start another class action for RF.... models.

useri0yGcdsGiH
Constellation

Not enough ice on brand new fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a new RF28HMEDBSR (2018) and put the old model  RFG297HDRS (still working fine) in the garage. The old model made and still makes plenty of ice; no problems. We've had service out for the new model RF28HMEDBSR five times. We've reset the ice machine, defrosted and finally replaced the entire unit. Now it makes less than half the ice it did in the first year and less than half of the old model. It leaks water all over and the water refreezes on the bottom of tray assembly when you pull it out. Anyone else have this problem? Did we get 2 defective units? It is something else in the fridge that is causing the problem?

userGpa3H4aT46
Constellation

Refridgerator freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The refridgerator which is little over a year old, now the freezer stopped working and not making any ice. When i called up the support and sat with them for two in a row 3 hour period, they couldnt find out what is going on.

They mentioned it needs to be checked by a technician sent out to home, since its outside the warranty period barely over an year, they can do it and they are asking us to get it checked how we need. For such an expensive appliance, such a poor support & diagnosis seems very disappointing. Right now its just a more a poor closet for us occupying a huge space.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refridgerator freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  I would like to look into this.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

userGpa3H4aT46
Constellation

Re: Refridgerator freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had been still trying to resolve this issue and its been such a long time, its not moving anywhere. Taking the conversation private should only be done if you are seriously trying to solve the matter as quiick as possible asking for personal details. Not to hide the issue completely.

People should understand how refrigderator is a integral part of everyday living and without it functioning properly how difficult it is. If they dont understand that, they shouldnt be making that appliance.