cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergQeWuDWSKe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So - I've been fighting the good fight for several years w/ our ice maker.  I've tried just about everything.  I'm considering trying to get a tech out to look at it.  Before I make that investment - as it is out of warranty - does anyone know if the whole housing can be replaced.  We used the hairdryer method to thaw the ice every month or so.  Unfortunately, my wife tried it and didn't realize that I use it on warm and not hot...so now we have a really bad factory ice maker - AND we have a plastic housing that has some warping bubbles on the right side.  The ice - when I can get it to work, gets caught on the bubbles before dropping into the cracked ice bin.  So - my question is....I'll pay the fee if it isn't outrageous to replace the guts - but I need to have the housing and ice tray replaced as well.  Appreciate any insight or experiences.

user8xSxDS6iTH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure it's possible to replace the housing, but you will still be manually defrosting within a few months at best.  The design of the new parts has not helped solve the issue.

user4TgJzAMEuV
Constellation

Ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a samsung fridge-model. Rf23hcedbsr/aa. The ice maker has failed only after four years. I had a repair person come out and it will cost me $739 to have it fixed. When will Samsung start helping the consumer with this issue. The bottom line is Samsung has faulty ice makers according to the appliance person that came here yesterday, yet Samsung said it’s my problem. Very difficult to understand knowing we buy many products from this company yet there is very little if no support to help us. I realize the warranty is only for one year, but really how often does a fridge fail within the first year, hardly ever?? I wish I could get some help with this issue and hope others won’t purchase this product until the problem is solved.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMqu4fA2wMu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I've asked this and maybe I turned off notifications ..

Curious    How many of us with the problem are using Samsung water filters vs an off band like say home depot.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still needing assistance?  

usern9WrWD90X9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have RF22KREDB refridgerator for a little over a year.  Ice maker has never worked.  Lowes ignores us, Samsung ignores us.  Although the fridg in general is quite good, this ice maker thing is BS.  Basically from what I read, nobody's ice makers work on these Samsung refridgerators.  How the heck are these passing QC at Samsung?  They friggin have to know they don't work, but continue to sell defective refridgerators.  What the heck?

I realize that ice cubes are not important in various countries.  France for example, I have never seen an ice maker on a fridge.  The French simply don't use ice, and on the occasion they do, they make it in these tiny ice trays.    When you order a glass of coke at a resturant, it comes cold, but with no ice.

Samsung has to realize that their biggest customers are in the US, and we use ice... a lot.  And expect it to be fully frozen clear ice cubes, not slushy half frozen chopped up cubes.  Also, these huge refridgerators aren't sold anywhere but the US.   Every other country I've visited have  smaller refridgerators.

This is what my ice looks like.  White, half frozen, half ground up.  Not acceptable by any stretch

20190409_104858.jpg

20190409_110118.jpg20190409_110257.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has your water filter been changed recently by any chance?  Here is a link to help with the cubed/crushed ice troubles.  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001890/

Highlighted
userXhOxgC4wBn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues with ice maker for the last 3 years.  Is there a fix ?