Samsung Moderator

Re: RF261BEAEBC Water from Ice Maker Collects/Freezes below Freezer Drawer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot.

userteABbVzBMo
Constellation

French Door Refrigerator - Dead Ice Maker - Never Again

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a French-door refrigerator (RF263BEAWW/AA) that I purchased in 2014. For the last couple of years the ice maker has been malfunctioning - freezing up, cubes getting stuck in the maker, etc. I tried to find someone locally that could take a look at it and had no luck. The minute I mentioned Samsung and ice maker they told me that they didn't work on those.

I did internet research of course and found many others that had the same issues with the ice maker as I did. Still, I couldn't find anyone to do the repairs. The one firm I was able to find that said they could work on it came out, took a look, then told me that the part was unavailable.

Well, the ice maker finally died last month. My wife called Samsung directly and got the name of an appliance repair company that was willing to come out and look at things. A $150 trip charge later, we were quoted $800-$1,000 to fix/replace the icemaker. I would shop around for a better bid, but as I mentioned there isn't anyone else to go to locally so it's either pay the $$$ or replace the refrigerator.

I will never again buy a Samsung refrigerator. I am appalled by the cost to repair it, and the repair person told us that the issues we have are very common. The ice room gasket doesn't fit right, air gets in, frost forms, the water supply line isn't positioned correctly and therefore gets water in places it shouldn't be, etc. I am fully aware that I should have brought up any issues during our warranty period, and the fact that I didn't think they were severe enough at that time to require repair was my misjudgement. Still, this does seem to me to be a bit of a case of faulty manufacture/sloppy assembly.

Just as a side note, since the ice output bin is cracked I looked into just replacing that before the ice maker died completely. The part cost was $100+ which seems really steep.

I find it sad that Samsung sells a product that repair companies don't even want to work on. I talked to at least 8 different places before I found the one company that made the initital visit, and the story was the same from every one of them. We don't work on Samsung ice makers, they all have problems, you'll need to find somone else to do the work.

I will end up buying another company's refrigerator. I can put the $1,000 into this one, or I can spend $1,500-2,000 and get a brand new one with warranty from another manufacturer that doesn't have the history of issues with ice makers that Samsung does.

I own and use many other Samsung products, and this is the first one that has been so totally disappointing.

Venting session over...

user6GvG0LZmPh
Astronaut

Refrigerator model # RF323TEDBSR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a reset for lower freezer ice cube maker? Top section is making ice but the freezer section is not

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator model # RF323TEDBSR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like this unit does not have a reset for the ice maker. However, you can reset the fridge by unplugging it for 10 minutes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
T-Square
Asteroid

ICE MAKER FREEZING UP - NO ICE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Code: RF263BEAESG/AA     04

Bought this after we flooded in 2016, took delivery first quarter 2017 (have to look up exact date) and we were able to move back into house April 2017.  Within first 12 months had problem with freezer frosting up, repaired after several tries.  Ice maker frosting up and stopped making ice, repaired one try.   Now April 2019 ice maker frosting up and NOT producing.  H E L P!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: ICE MAKER FREEZING UP - NO ICE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

T-Square
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was all handled under warranty, don’t recall if I received any paperwork, but I will check.  Purchased at BestBuy  

Model Code: RF263BEAESG/AA     04

<EDIT>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you would still like to have a service set up.

T-Square
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NOT SURE ABOUT SERVICE, WHO’s PAYING?

T-Square
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES YES YES!

I WAS TOLD PREVIOUSLY THAT IT WOULD BE DONE.   I entered all information and have no idea where it is.  PLEASE tell me where to enter requested information. This site is very difficult to navigate, not sure if that is by design.

Thanks,

T-Square