Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ticket number: 4149773718

userJizY4DmZyb
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To unfortunately get to join this group of customer who purchased French door Samsung who’s ice maker not working. Tried the reset and other tips suggested without fix. I hope I get a timely response and there is something done

userlL23ZvHlCC
Astronaut

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the French door type Samsung refrigerator. The ice maker is constantly freezing up and not producing ice. The top and sides get froze up and cannot produce ice cubes to flip over.     We can thaw it out with a hair dryer and reset but it freezes up again in a few days.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this we are not getting our ice cubes regularly?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userlL23ZvHlCC Let's look into this further. Can you send a private message here: http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F with the full serial number of the unit?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The information is listed on a label in the fridge compartment. It is located on the left wall.

usermuVDOhWwyw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Chances are that the heating element has stopped working allowing frost build up, ice then builds up and freezes into a solid lump, stopping ice production and if you leave it too long will also stop removal of the ice drawer completely.  If its still under warrenty get samsung to replace the heating unit for free as they did for me.  Or  else as I need to do as no longer under warrenty and its broken again,   Turn off the whole Frdige every couple of weeks, remove the ice drawer and allow it to defrost.  Its a pain but the the only to keep making ice without changing the heating element every 6 months, which is clearly a weak point on the icemaster unit.

userEFtLBUCblY
Constellation

Refrigerator and Freezer not holding setpoint - RFG298AARS/XAA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I notice my freezer was not holding setpoint when my ice cream was thawed yet the digital display set point was -2 and the actual freezer temperature was 20 (measured with a separate thermometer).  The display either did not show the actual temp a few seconds after the -2 setpoint is displayed or it think the freezer is actually -2.  NOT!!

Found the same problem with the refrigerator, set point was 36, actual temperature is 40.  When I checked the unit first thing in the morning the freezer is 0 (set point -2) and the refrig is 40 (set point 36).  Only error code is 88 88 (inverter signal to compressor issue, per samsung Ser Rep but the inverter board red light is steady on, indicating all is normal.  So what do I do?  I don't think low refrigerant would ever reach 0 degrees, ;but it never reaches setpoint of -2.  Obviously the compressor is running. No other error codes.  No frozen evaporator, no sensor errors, no temp errors.  What do you suggest i do next?  Buy a whirlpool? 

userReDkAgyHvb
Constellation

Ice maker frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice maker on my RF28HFEDTSR/AA refrigerator has frosted over and no longer makes ice. The fridge is about 2.5 years old. How do I resolve this problem?

IMG_3794.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userReDkAgyHvb Have you tried these troubleshooting steps yet?

Highlighted
userReDkAgyHvb
Constellation

Re: Ice maker frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, however I don't see anything mentioned on that page about removing the ice buildup. There is no ice at all in the bucket and when I removed it to take a look, I found the ice buildup as pictured above. Thanks!