cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Not a good refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a Samsung refrigerator in August 2017. Model number RF23M8070SG/AA. This refrigerator icemaker has frozen up numerous times and is now frozen solid. We can't even get the ice bin out to try to defrost! Then on top of that the auto refill pitcher has stopped working and the "on" "off" indicators for it just flash! Never ever going to purchase a Samsung appliance again! So disappointed! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF23J9011SR/AA trying to defrost the ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm attempting to defrost my  RF23J9011SR/AA.  The freezer shows -5 and the fridge temp at 69, is this defrosting?  I'd love to not have to empty the entire thing for the ice maker.  I cannot get the ice maker bucket out though.  I have someone coming tomorrow, but I'm supposed to have this defrosted in advance.

Does anyone have clear directions for fridge only defrost?  The manual and site are awful regarding this (and defrost in general).

Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

Model Rf28jbedbsg French door refrigerator. ice maker issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rf28jbedbsg French door refrigerator. The freezer makes a terrible noise, won’t dispense ice and I am unable to

remove the ice master to see inside to find out what is going on. I’ve tried lifting and pulling as I’ve seen in 1000 videos. Apparently this is a goof on Samsung’s manufacturing. It could be frozen . Not sure

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Model Rf28jbedbsg French door refrigerator. ice maker issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Model Rf28jbedbsg French door refrigerator. ice maker issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as everyone else.   We have to defrost the ice maker every couple weeks.  I have model RF23J9011

Highlighted
Astronaut

My fridge model #:RF263BEAESG/AA WORKS FINE BESIDES...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker/water bottle filler is useless. I can't see why it isn't working either. it has worked in the past yet we can not get it to work. Is there a possibility of some filter clogged we can replace? Wiring that could have been short ciruted or some other type of issue? Everything else in the fridge works fine except that.  Please help. There is a red grid with what looks like a water droplet on the screen of the door as well. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator French 4 door ICE MAKER RF28HMEDBSR/AA no working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My french 4 door is not making ice. It seems the water is probably frozen before reaching the ice maker, how do I fix this? it was working before and no problem.

With this 4 door I have no idea how to fix this problem, others I knew how.

This 4 door is just a year old.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator French 4 door ICE MAKER RF28HMEDBSR/AA no working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried completely defrosting the unit? Please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Defrosting the fridg completely by stopping it?   what will I do with all the food? this is not practical at all.  With older models I use to heat the tube with hot wash cloth or hair dryer, but I cannot reach that system it is covered. I took the ice tray it was ok. (very hard to push to open  for a woman or older person)

Is there a way I can open the top of the ice maker, the part were the water shows like the drawing on the manual. The manual shows the top of the ice maker and water level. This would probably solve the problem.   

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try the troubleshooting listed here: Link