cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Model Rf28jbedbsg French door refrigerator. ice maker issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as everyone else.   We have to defrost the ice maker every couple weeks.  I have model RF23J9011

Highlighted
Astronaut

My fridge model #:RF263BEAESG/AA WORKS FINE BESIDES...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker/water bottle filler is useless. I can't see why it isn't working either. it has worked in the past yet we can not get it to work. Is there a possibility of some filter clogged we can replace? Wiring that could have been short ciruted or some other type of issue? Everything else in the fridge works fine except that.  Please help. There is a red grid with what looks like a water droplet on the screen of the door as well. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator French 4 door ICE MAKER RF28HMEDBSR/AA no working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My french 4 door is not making ice. It seems the water is probably frozen before reaching the ice maker, how do I fix this? it was working before and no problem.

With this 4 door I have no idea how to fix this problem, others I knew how.

This 4 door is just a year old.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator French 4 door ICE MAKER RF28HMEDBSR/AA no working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried completely defrosting the unit? Please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Defrosting the fridg completely by stopping it?   what will I do with all the food? this is not practical at all.  With older models I use to heat the tube with hot wash cloth or hair dryer, but I cannot reach that system it is covered. I took the ice tray it was ok. (very hard to push to open  for a woman or older person)

Is there a way I can open the top of the ice maker, the part were the water shows like the drawing on the manual. The manual shows the top of the ice maker and water level. This would probably solve the problem.   

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try the troubleshooting listed here: Link

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue with RFHMED.  Ice maker freezes up.  If I remove the bucket and put in cups of hot water to thaw the ice built up on the top and side, it will work for a few weeks, then freezes up again.  Repairman estimated $450 to fix it!!  Purchased end of 2014.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW4kMriB3xG I would be delighted to look into this for you. Could you provide the full model and serial numbers of the fridge via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exact same issue. Boutht mine first part od 2015. It i manufactured in 2014, Model F28HMEDBSR/AA. I called samsung and only 2016 and newr models are covered. Maybe time for a class action???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issues as well -- same model RF28HMEDBSR/AA- exact same ice maker issues just about 1  1/2 yrs old. Have tried numerous uncloggings, defrostings, adjusting temperatures, etc. -- about EVERY 2 weeks -- since we purchased it!!!  Now it will not even reset at all and will not make any ice whatsoever!!!  This is so ridiculous and as many have mentioned -- this is NOT an inexpensive refrigerator and is supposed to make large quantities of ice (which it DOES NOT DO!). I cannot believe how disappointed I am in this refrigerator simply becauseof the ice maker - otherwise I love it.  SAMSUNG -- you guys really messed this one up!  Acknowledge this & FIX IT (for free) to keep your reputation in order! For goodness sakes -- STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!!