JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 6/1/19 8:05 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

1,833 Replies
userXvAAJM10WW
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you direct me to a website for contacting a Samsung repair service?

@user4Tmcag938Dwrote:

You are being given incorrect information.  We just had our ice maker repaired by a certified Samsung technician, and the total cost (including labor) was $338.

This is a little disappointing because the technician told me that the root cause is due to two things:

1) A water splashback design flaw

2) A gap that allows refridgerator air to penetrate the ice maker assembly

The design flaw required a complete ice maker assembly replacement.  The technician sealed the air gap using silicon caulk/sealer.

Bottom line?  Samsung has had a known design flaw here for years.  But between 2014 and 2016, they continued to sell the unit to customers.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can get you set up for a service tech to take a look at your unit. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just had the first repair done on our refrigerator freezer issue our refrigerator that is out of warranty by just a few months. They told us it was a one time courtesy fix LOL quite funny since the problem is their fault for the way this refrigerator is designed. It is now freezing up again I am standing with the blow dryer and thawing a refrigerator like I'm in the 1960's!!! . This is ridiculous we paid too much for this refrigerator. And this is a design flaw I am not going to stop making a noise about this until something is done. Samsung should be ashamed to offer an appliance that would not have more than a year and a half long Jevity. Maybe they need to stick to electronics and those better than this!
Janna Holland
Mad consumer I work hard for my money!!!

0 Likes
usermOKYSBBVL2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The crazy thing is...SAMSUNG has know about this issue for 3-4 years and has done nothing.  I'm hoping to convince lawyers to begin a civil suite since there are tens of thousands of us with this problem!  For now, lets do our part by leaving reviews on every site we can:  Best Buy, Lowes. Home Depot. etc.  We need to help others not suffer the same loss we have.

0 Likes
user7rlHf3W6iK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
How to access the "hidden" Ice tray of your Samsung French door Refrigerator Stainless Steel aka ice dispenser aka containerIf you appreciate the info here, ...
0 Likes
userZLVHwDhRe7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This should not be...and not normal...If Samsung is making products that need to be trouble shooted every 6 months there's something wrong.  I am beyond frustrated with our ice maker.  After using a blow dryer on it... it's now not making ice.  I am going the fashion way buying ice cube trays and I won't buy another Samsung appliance again. 

0 Likes
user7tVkVX6x7k
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine is doing the same thing.  The ice maker continues to freeze over.  We are out of warranty and gone for a year.  Now the fridge part is not cooling correctly.  It was sold based on largest ice maker.  They didn't bother saying it was also the slowest.   I will never purchase a Samsung anything ever again!   It's the Florida lemon law, you need to replace my refrigerator.

@ahv51 wrote:

When we purchased the refrigerator we also purchased an extended warranty.  We haven't had to pay for any service yet.  As for the issue we are having, the technicians have told us there is nothing to repair just continue every 6 months to empty the appliance, turn power off to it for 24 hours to unfreeze the water supply line, turn the power back on and put all the food back once temperatures are restored.  We then wait 24 hours for ice.  Reminds me of old days before frost free when we had to defrost the refrigerator.

Kumquat
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have samo problem ice maker don’t work at all 

0 Likes
Kumquat
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Oh my goodness i thought it was just us with this issue but now i see that we are not the only ones. Sign me up also against Samsung! Will never buy a samsung electronics ever again we people need take samsung to the court.

Kumquat
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why you somsung don’t want fix the problem with ice maker we have 7319 people complain