JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problems with my icemaker

user069aAv2hTJ
Asteroid

Samsung’s ice maker flaw ,answer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Knowing  the ice maker has a design flaw and offering to let you pay to fix it

Is not is not good enough. After purchasing 5000 in appliances

the. Microwave had to be replaced soon after purchased now the Refridgerator is flawed and both were design flaws. So many have the same problems and all they offer is a private message telling you to call a repair man and get it fixed your self.

userZatWEZAQ3A
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

model number RF28HMEDBBC/AA freeze up and will not work.  the reason it freezes is because there is a small gap between the refigerator wall and the "ice room" or ice maker.  this allows the relatively warmer air and moisture from the fridge to enter the colder space and freeze as it condensates around the cold parts.  this was actually recalled from 2016-2017 but did not include previous years.  mine was build in 2014 and samsung will not stand behind the product and repair it.  i had to pay 400$ to have it repaired on my own.  I will not be recommending these products to anyone ever again due to the unwillingness of samsung to recognize that they messed up and missed such a design flaw.  i am also contacting some social media sites and starting an outside forum to begin the proceedings of getting samsung to not only recognize this as a problem, but to rectify it.  My goal is to get anyone else who has had this same problem with ALL models of samsung fridges to band together with me and get our money back.  i will return and post my contact info directly here for anyone who wants to join me in fighting for the recall to be extended to all of the affected models, not just the ones that samsung decides to fix.

users0VIaqbvT5
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My RF28JBEDBSG/AA has the same issues.  Continues to freeze up.     Can remove the ice and it wil work for a month, then I have to clear it again

GreenHorn
Asteroid

Very helpful post for me. Thanks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very helpful post for me. Thanks.