cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergh7hdXuRvJ
Constellation

Re: Ice maker frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We have had the same problem. The original ice maker was replaced and we paid for it. This repair is not working since after a few months the same issue is happening again !!!. Its very frustrating after spending the amount of money we did on buying this refrigerator, and then having to pay for a replacement ice maker. It appears that the issue is in the refrigerator and design. We ended up buying this new refrigerator because our older Samsung refrigerator had a problem that according to Samsung was covered by their warrenty. However, since they no longer made that unit, they could not provide the part to repair it and WOULD NOT HONOR THEIR WARRENTY. We then had to buy a new refrigerator and now we have a problem with this Samsung refrigerator and we feel that all we get is a run around from them. Why cant they just admit the flaw and design a solution. Are they afraid of " losing face "?
user6c76Ob9hlA
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For refrigerator RF28HFEDTSR/AA: We turned our icemaker off after 2 years of defrost issues and only use the bottom icemaker. Our fan has continually frozen up and we just defrosted it for the 11th time. I just lost around $350 in food and over the course of the years - probably close to $1500. Samsung refuses to acknowledge the problem. I am now looking for a new refrigerator and will not purchase any further Samsung products due to their lack of assistance.Fan Frozent.jpgFan Frozen2.jpg

userPcsVezavx1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a constant problem. I have to scrape the ice off every few days. so frustrating.

Samsung_4U362lx
Astronaut

Easy fix take out bin as pictured. Lay an absorbant towel...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Easy fix take out bin as pictured.

Lay an absorbant towel at base of accumulated ice where ice bin was.

Use your hair dryer on high cool setting

to remove existing ice build up.

You should have some ice 1-2 hrs later.

Be patient with both procedures. Samsung has a default in their ice maker design

userA7xfSIRW3U
Constellation

RB38M7998S4/EU UK Family Hub update when?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm hearing the U.S. is recieving Family Hub 4.0 update. When will U.K. range receieve it? Please let us keep photo shuffle screensaver. 

Release Galaxy View 2 in U.K or somewhere easier to buy than AT&T

Highlighted
userFYvNyQvB3e
Constellation

RF28HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased one of these Refridgerators in 2014. One of the digital lights on the front went out within a year. No samsung tech in our area so they came and swapped the unit. WOW right?! Not so much. The ice maker has never worked consistantly right. Always wet ice, ice maker freezes up. Spoke to others with this model or similar. Everyones having the same issues, shared the bulletins, performed all the suggestion to no avail or if so, only for a couple weeks at best, unfortunately we have no techs in our area either so we cannot get anyone out to look at it. Even the food is freezing in the back bottom shelf. We changed the ice maker ourselves. It worked for a couple weeks and now back to the same. 4 years in on this one and we are at wits end. Purchased a GE during the 4th of July savings event as GE have fantastic customer service AND repairmen in our area! We had a gas range that had a slight issue after 4 years of use, they replaced it with a brand new one for less than a 1/4 of the cost ($4000 stove for $1000) in one 15 minute phone call! We were hoping samsung would do the same but we are sick of waiting and cannot wait for the lawsuit to finalize. This has been ridiculous for an over $3000 Fridge. Time to cut our losses and run... Stay the heck away from Samsung from now on unfortunately.

userSEb8rdrNhE
Constellation

Ice machine

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice machine

user069aAv2hTJ
Asteroid

RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution to the ice maker problems with RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker , leaks and ice not looking well frozen. I purchased a Refridgerator  microwave oven that broke the first year not under warranty and now the ice maker is faulty.

Very many people having this problem but can’t find a fix. It’s been a real problem

owning these screwy appliances , there very new and falling apart.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with this, please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userWDtsfbUYWg
Constellation

Re: RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don’t know why the solution to this clearly very common problem is send us a private link with the model number that’s already posted in the question. I’ve looked at several post threads regarding the same exact issue, but not one single public answer from Samsung.