cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw5vPp3PBh9
Constellation

FROZEN ICE MAKER - Model # RF23M8090SR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker on my new SAMSUNG fridge keeps freezing up. Ice maker drawer will not come out, ice will not despense, ice has always been wet and chunky. This has become a serious issue and has been a waste of time and money. I have turned the ice maker off each time for 24 hours = no result. I have put the fridge in a defrost mode = and the ice maker eventually freezes again. The wheels do not touch the ground in the front, and it is leveld so the front is slight higher then the back. What keeps causing these issues??   I have had to result to unpluging the entire refirdgerator 4 times total and had to chuck all my food inorder to get the ice maker working again. On top of that, water has continuously leaked out the front door and onto my floor. Enough is enough.   Almost everyone with a samsung fridge with the same design ice maker is having these issues...  The model I have is a: 

Model # RF23M8090SR/AA

Serial # <hidden>

THANKS,

TOM

Highlighted
user44br7D4vOo
Asteroid

Re: FROZEN ICE MAKER - Model # RF23M8090SR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted my fix here: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/My-Ice-Maker-Fix-Water-Pressure/m-p/72764...

Water leaking from the ice maker was a big problem for me as well.  I kept folded paper towels in the fridge to catch the water.  When I decreased the water flow pressure all the issues went away.

I'm hoping a lot of people will give this a try and report back if it was sucessful but it will take some time to hear back the results.  My fridge is still going without ice build up or water leaking.

Let us know if this worked! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userw5vPp3PBh9 Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

chinjason
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same make and model and the same freaking problem.  The tray wont come out and zero ice dispenses.

I'm looking to return this fridge and get a LG or something else.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userJ10XIzBNLl
Astronaut

Icemaker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung refrigerator model RF263BEAESG/AA.  Our icemaker stopped working a few months ago.  There is no frost build up and I have attempted to remove the cover and press the reset button with no noise being made whether it be a beep, chime or start up noise.  Any other suggestions?

userhNA0AOf7Vo
Astronaut

Refrigerator model # rf263Teaesg

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a Samsung french door, freezer at the bottom refrigerator two years ago spent almost $3000 expecting it to last me a long time.. had the repair men out here five times while I still had the warranty to work on ice makers and it not working properly. Now the freezer and bottom ice maker went out, then not a week later the refrigerator and top ice maker went out...I will never own another one..I'm telling everyone I know and on social media not to bother with Samsung refrigerators you're just waiting your money...

userRIwgnvXeR2
Constellation

Ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rf23 stopped making ice reset couple of times nothing, did manual defrost nothing, changed ice maker nothing, any ideas besides getting a different refrigerator 

userLsQ1wGdp8K
Constellation

Ice maker freezes up every two weeks.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been on many sites and all of  the French 4 door models have issues with the ice maker freezing up every 2 weeks and you have to use a hair dryer to defrost.  There should be a recall on this!!!!