Astronaut

Maybe the solenoid is going bad

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe the solenoid is going bad

Highlighted
Constellation

RF263BEAESG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker freezing up...water in bottom of frig compartment.

3 year old frig.

Evaporator system on left inside wall below ice maker there is a bulge.

Expensive no good for anything frigerator.

Why are so many people haing issues with Samsung refrigerators?

I beleive cheap made/flood market...high profits!

Highlighted
Constellation

Model RS25H5111WW/AA Not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday our ice maker stopped making ice altogether. I have made sure the "ice off" is not illuminated, checked for ice blockages, and hit the blue reset button. The button produces a chime but nothing else happens. I hear no motors whirring, no water flows into the ice maker. I have had refrigerators in the past with ice in the water line, and wonder if this is the issue? My water filter was recently replaced and have excellent water flow when I want to get water. Is there a seperate water line for the ice maker that is blocked? Is the valve for the ice maker not opening to allow water into the ice maker? 

Highlighted
Constellation

RS25H5111 stopped making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My in door ice maker stopped making ice, no code or light just stopped working. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF28JBEDBSG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker is a piece. 

Started with defrosting. Worked for awhile. Next try was pulling out all interior parts. Drying them out. All frozen up. Sealed all the seams and joints inside and out with your very expensive silicone. Replaced. Worked about a month. Now I’m hearing the fan in the back needs replaced. I have bought 2 ice making front units and ordered a new fan. Will see what that does since it’s 2 weeeks out. I think the basic problem is the ice maker being in the fridge part of the refrigerator. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?  We purchased our fridge in Nov 2016 with a 3-year extended warrenty (model RF22KREDBSR).  The problems started about 6 months later and continue to this day.  I've read posts about people coming to fix it, but the problem returns.  I'd like to get it serviced but want to know if a fix has been found before I do.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem, freezes over a couple times a month.  After defrosting it every time I was going to have it repaired.  Not worth the cost, I buy a 10 lb bag of ice every 3 days. Cost $2.00, I can buy a lot of ice for the cost of the repair.  NO MORE SAMSUNG PR

Highlighted
Constellation

samsung RF263BEAESER ice out again

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had this repaired under warranty once already. It has been freezing up more and more again latley. The repair man installed a new ice maker and the upate. I not sure why but seems like there are many many people with same problem and concern. I guess we will have to join the other unsatisfied customers. Do I have to pay someone every year to replace icemaker and fix at my cost? I dont I should. there should some sort of assistance to have this repair even more so if been repair before. I am open to ideas on what to do. model #RF263BEAESR/AA  S/N# <Hidden> 

Highlighted
Constellation

rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Theice maker works fine, but now it frosts over inside compartment every 3 weeks or so. Why does this now happen?

edit: I think I now know there's a leak inside the icemaker compartment. What needs replaced? ice maker or fill valve or both??

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

update: I found this one which is a very good step-by-step on this particular refer and ice maker.

https://edmondappliancerepairokc.com/samsung-french-door-ice-maker-frosting-up/

I did not go to point of removal but did disassemble enough to where I could completely defrost it. (yes I used a dreaded hair dryer) The trick is complete defrost and drying of compartment. Can't say for sure but it appears there was ice buildup (that I was not removing) causing the more frequent issues. So far so good.