cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi ahv51, What temperature is the freezer currently operating on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ahv51
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

-2 Fahrenheit per instructions 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ahv51, are you still having trouble?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user5OmnBR2yLD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJam wrote:

ahv51, are you still having trouble?

They need to be sued this is crazy! This fridge cost way too much to be doing this. 

user5OmnBR2yLD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I love ice and can't even use my ice maker.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user5OmnBR2yLD, Are you using a RF28HFEDBSR?

user1Ti7gkOTJE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem and have since I purchased the refrigerator. I defrost the entire thing every 6 months to prevent problems, but now the ice maker doesn't work at all. I called out a tech and he confirmed it is a design problem where condensation builds up and freezes over the ice maker. It's $700 to fix the problem and the tech can't guarantee I won't need to have it done in another couple years. It's just a bad design. It's highly flawed. 

Samsung needs to make this right by sending me the parts, at no cost, so I can get my ice maker repaired or they need to refund the entire purchase amount of the refrigerator. The latter is preferred. 

userhdPcvU3cGT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update...we have had a technician come out 4 times to repair and inspect the ice maker, which is freezing up and also has frost around the outer seal.

Visit 1: Informed us our 14 month old refrigerator needed 4 new parts. Ordered brand new ice maker, door flap, clips, and another part.

Visit 2: Different tech installed parts.

1 month later, Ice machine iced up again. Ice cubes were now sticking together.

Visit 3: Second tech returned, tried to get replacement. informed by Samsung the clips were not installed and this was required before a replacement could be issued. Ordered clips.

Visit 4: First tech returned and installed clips.

1 WEEK later, ice machine is iced up again and ice cubes sticking together.

Call to warranty claim said that only 2 repairs were made and so I did not qualify for a replacement.

Visit 5: Second tech returned. Informed by Samsung that clips were installed "incorrectly" - they should have been at a 90 degree angle and they were installed at 89 degrees. Clips are in the back of the refrigerator.

Also informed by Samsung that the filler tube was sticking out too far into the refrigerator (also in back)- it should be sticking out 1/16" max, and the "jagged edge" was causing the problem. It was manufactured this way, and I have no idea what that has to do with the outside seal icing up.

Tech had to slide out refrigerator and pull the tube further out to correct the issue (REALLY).

The tech was shaking his head the whole time. You really can't make this up. It's clear they KNOW there is an issue and want to do as much as possible to avoid it costing them money.

userC7lzCZ6f7D
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So true. ICe maker on model RF26J7500SR that I have is a joke. Last time I buy a Samsung refrigerator until they change this terrible design

userhMQyBjQksL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They are being sued, classaction.org