cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I've had this problem so many times and eventually the ic...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@gsanta  Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userQPlzeCwcEl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact problem many many many many times. Super frustrating. I do love the type of ice it makes but it will hardley make any and keeps freezing shut with the ice getting stuck. Pleas help. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQPlzeCwcEl Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userh63DgxWA9P
Constellation

Re: My ice maker is frozen shut... it is full of ice and I cannot remove it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue. Anyone find a solution?

ahv51
Asteroid

RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this refrigerator in 2014.  Since then we have had issues with the ice maker.  So far we have had it replaced due to a manufacturer defect and continue to have an issue with the ice maker producing "slushy" ice, wet ice, chopped cubes and slow dispensing.  Over time there will be a gush of water when dispensing ice.  We have had technicians out three times now and they have all told us pretty much the same thing.  Apparently the water tube providing water to the ice make freezes causing the ice maker to freeze up apparently to a design flaw.  The solution we have been given is every 6 monts or so we need to empty the refrigerater and freezer out, turn power off to the refrigerator for 24 hours and let the line thaw out.  If this is the long term solution Samsung should educate the people selling the product to let customers know what they will need to do after purchasing this type of refrigator.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear of this, I can certainly understand the frustration. Should you need to set up for repairs you are welcome to use this link: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request

If you would like to check your warranty status, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Private Message Link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
ahv51
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When we purchased the refrigerator we also purchased an extended warranty.  We haven't had to pay for any service yet.  As for the issue we are having, the technicians have told us there is nothing to repair just continue every 6 months to empty the appliance, turn power off to it for 24 hours to unfreeze the water supply line, turn the power back on and put all the food back once temperatures are restored.  We then wait 24 hours for ice.  Reminds me of old days before frost free when we had to defrost the refrigerator.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. Your feedback will be forwarded accordingly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

ahv51
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We still have not found an acceptable solution other than having to defrost our defrostless freezer.  We are now having to do this every 2 to 3 months rather than 6 months  and get "slushy", wet ice cubes.  I've attached a picture of what we deal with now.

ahv51
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

freezer.JPG