cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator French 4 door ICE MAKER RF28HMEDBSR/AA no working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same issue with RFHMED.  Ice maker freezes up.  If I remove the bucket and put in cups of hot water to thaw the ice built up on the top and side, it will work for a few weeks, then freezes up again.  Repairman estimated $450 to fix it!!  Purchased end of 2014.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userW4kMriB3xG I would be delighted to look into this for you. Could you provide the full model and serial numbers of the fridge via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exact same issue. Boutht mine first part od 2015. It i manufactured in 2014, Model F28HMEDBSR/AA. I called samsung and only 2016 and newr models are covered. Maybe time for a class action???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same issues as well -- same model RF28HMEDBSR/AA- exact same ice maker issues just about 1  1/2 yrs old. Have tried numerous uncloggings, defrostings, adjusting temperatures, etc. -- about EVERY 2 weeks -- since we purchased it!!!  Now it will not even reset at all and will not make any ice whatsoever!!!  This is so ridiculous and as many have mentioned -- this is NOT an inexpensive refrigerator and is supposed to make large quantities of ice (which it DOES NOT DO!). I cannot believe how disappointed I am in this refrigerator simply becauseof the ice maker - otherwise I love it.  SAMSUNG -- you guys really messed this one up!  Acknowledge this & FIX IT (for free) to keep your reputation in order! For goodness sakes -- STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!!!  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue..

Basically, have to beat off the frost in the icemaker every couple of weeks. It has never made solid/whole ice cubes since we purchased it in 2015. Samsung states it is not covered in the recalls. Only 2016 models and newer are.  ;-(

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker dispenses water

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All of the sudden our ice maker dispenser stopped working. I seems that actual ice maker is working fine, there is ice in the bucket and it doesn’t appear jammed or frozen over. When we push a cup on the ice tab on the front of the fridge it just pushes through to the water tab and dispenses water. I don’t hear the motor for the ice working at all. We opened the ice maker and held the test switch for 10secs but it didn’t do anything and I didn’t hear a beep.  Any solutions or do I have to spend a bunch of money trying to get this fixed? 

Highlighted
Constellation

3 Door French unit ice maker is terrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought our Samsung refrigerator not quite 2 years ago and the ice maker only works about 1/2 the time. I’ve called Samsung and had 2 different technicians “fix” it, but it freezes over about every 6 weeks and I have to take a hair dryer and melt the ice. This last time had to melt the ice on the outside and send it into forced defrost mode 2 times before I could even begin to think about trying to make ice again. Apparently it’s a design flaw and no one can figure something out to really fix it. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF22K9581SR/AA WATER LEAK FROM ICE MAKER-ICE MAKER ISSUES

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What can I do to solve this problem? We bought this fridge, brand new, 2 1/2 years ago...😡

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice Maker problems since day one

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator that has had horrible ice maker problems from day one.  It leaks water out of the opening frequently enough that we have to sop water out of the drip tray every other day or it will run down the front of the refrigerator.  It also shoots about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of water into a glass before any ice comes out every single time it is used.  To add insult to injury, it freezes up so there is no ice at all once every 10-14 days.

This has all been happening from day one, filter is changed on a regular basis, etc.  Samsung event sent someone out to replace the ice maker about a year and a half ago, but the problems continue.  The ice maker in the unit is marked with a tag bearing DA97-15217D.  For the past two days, there has been no ice at all in spite of me defrosting it with the hair dryer and hitting the blue reset switch (and hearing the tone on the panel).

Is there any way at all we can get some assistance to make this thing work like it is supposed to work?  We absolutely love the refrigerator, OTHER than the ice maker.  I know this seems to be a major ongoing issue with most customers, but we would like to get some assistance to make it better if there is any way to do that.

Highlighted
Constellation

The Ice Maker isn't making Ice, and I am unable to remove the bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung RF23M8090SR and the ice maker recently stopped putting out ice. The manual offers no solutions, and I have been unable to get the ice maker out. I was able to kinda lift it forward and start to slide it out, but it seems stuck. Is the a process to resolve this? The fridge is new (within a year?).