cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD0WJ9QyN9Y
Constellation

3 Door French unit ice maker is terrible

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought our Samsung refrigerator not quite 2 years ago and the ice maker only works about 1/2 the time. I’ve called Samsung and had 2 different technicians “fix” it, but it freezes over about every 6 weeks and I have to take a hair dryer and melt the ice. This last time had to melt the ice on the outside and send it into forced defrost mode 2 times before I could even begin to think about trying to make ice again. Apparently it’s a design flaw and no one can figure something out to really fix it. 

userM90SsqVJ69
Astronaut

RF22K9581SR/AA WATER LEAK FROM ICE MAKER-ICE MAKER ISSUES

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What can I do to solve this problem? We bought this fridge, brand new, 2 1/2 years ago...😡

Highlighted
user692N4TxzwM
Asteroid

Ice Maker problems since day one

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model RF28HMEDBSR refrigerator that has had horrible ice maker problems from day one.  It leaks water out of the opening frequently enough that we have to sop water out of the drip tray every other day or it will run down the front of the refrigerator.  It also shoots about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of water into a glass before any ice comes out every single time it is used.  To add insult to injury, it freezes up so there is no ice at all once every 10-14 days.

This has all been happening from day one, filter is changed on a regular basis, etc.  Samsung event sent someone out to replace the ice maker about a year and a half ago, but the problems continue.  The ice maker in the unit is marked with a tag bearing DA97-15217D.  For the past two days, there has been no ice at all in spite of me defrosting it with the hair dryer and hitting the blue reset switch (and hearing the tone on the panel).

Is there any way at all we can get some assistance to make this thing work like it is supposed to work?  We absolutely love the refrigerator, OTHER than the ice maker.  I know this seems to be a major ongoing issue with most customers, but we would like to get some assistance to make it better if there is any way to do that.

userRdc7m8aAXU
Constellation

The Ice Maker isn't making Ice, and I am unable to remove the bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung RF23M8090SR and the ice maker recently stopped putting out ice. The manual offers no solutions, and I have been unable to get the ice maker out. I was able to kinda lift it forward and start to slide it out, but it seems stuck. Is the a process to resolve this? The fridge is new (within a year?).

addisoj
Constellation

RF28M9580SF/AA Flex 4-door Family Hub Icemaker Freezes Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!  I have a 1.5 year old R28M Flex 4-door refrigerator with family hub that is having ice maker freeze-up issues.  I need to defrost the ice bin about once every 2 weeks.  

I do not use a hairdryer or heat gun to defrost the ice bin because I have read it can damage the cabinet.  I use a handheld steamer to defrost the ice maker and ice bin. 

I have read numerous complaints and comments on the web about this same issue and have checked the basics - all gaskets appear to be OK, no gaps between ice bin and cabinet, ice dispenser door appears to be sealing properly.

Wondering if Samsung is doing anything about this issue?

Production date of Refrigerator is December 2017.

userQYiZ4A7ZV9
Constellation

Samsung Fridge RF28HMEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve maker keeps freezing up. Yes we have checked setting, seal, and leveling. What is Samsung offering as solution? This has become a thorn in my side!

useruE9tivWx4H
Constellation

done done done with junk

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We own a Samsung washer and dryer, counter depth French door refrigerator and dishwasher- ALL high end and all JUNK. Constant repairs just after warranty  expires and NO FIX for ice maker issues (3 service calls $800 and STILL no ice BUT there is a class action lawsuit. Now my 13 month old dishwasher and washing machine and ice maker are ALL broken and ineffective. Samsung I WANT MY $6k Back

userCC4GPpoFOg
Constellation

Ice maker frozen over & ice cube drawer cannot be removed. Samsung RF24FSEDBSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To Samsung support:

I have a Samsung RF24FSEDBSR/AA where the ice maker has frozen over and the ice cube drawer can’t be removed. This is the 5-6 time the ice maker has frozen over, but the first the ice tray can’t be removed. Can Samsung provide a solution?

thanks

user2ybLnsxoIa
Astronaut

Samsung icemaker frozen, leaking, after thawing will not reset.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF267AARS frozen, leaking, after thawing will not reset. Will not sing on reset. Read that there was a solution but could not enter for a private message. Called Samsung phone number and there is no one available to repair and told us to find someone to repair. We have been told that no one in our area will touch it.  What are we to do?

userjjLVAlVEXc
Asteroid

Ice dispenser not dispensing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker is making ice but is unable to dispense it.  I suspect maybe there is a frozen chunk of ice caught within the dispenser but I am unable to remove the ice bucket to clear the problem. I"ve removed it in the past but its stuck now!  Please help.  Model RSG257AARS