cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlFZ5pW6MlE
Constellation

Flex door rf23j9011 ice maker frozen up, what is the fix for this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator’s ice maker has frozen up. It was dripping water for a few weeks and then started not making ice so I pulled the bin out and discovered the ice maker had frozen up and has ice built up all over it. What is the fix for this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Flex door rf23j9011 ice maker frozen up, what is the fix for this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is something that would need to be serviced. Could you send me a private message with the full model and serial number?

userlFZ5pW6MlE
Constellation

Re: Flex door rf23j9011 ice maker frozen up, what is the fix for this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent the pm where is the solution? This refrigerator was manufactured in October 2018 so it is clearly less then one year old. 

user8dnEy1ITyz
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gee, who would have thought that you would have to regularly defrost a modern refrigerator. Ice maker freezes over and the colling coils for the fridge get so caked with ice that the cooling fan rubbs against the iceberg and makes a really irritating noise. Have to take it apart and defrost it about every 3 weeks. Nice job Samsung!

RBC2404
Constellation

Ongoing problems with ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the past year I've had to periodically remove my ice bin and break down the ice building up inside. A month ago the bucket became frozen and unable to be removed. I've tried thawing it out with a hair dryer and I've turned the ice maker off totally but it's still completely frozen. The model number and serial number are in the photo below. This is the second time I've tried contacting you about this issue. The last time I sent a direct message. Hopefully this works better. This is obviously a common problem that many people are having. Please help us. 

RBC2404
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ongoing problems with ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, We sent a reply to you on July 11th at 2:16 PM but haven't gotten a response from you. Please feel free to follow up with us privately at your convenience.

userh6nKf8XkiD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungLarry  ,  Own a Samsung RF28JBEDBSR/aa

I too am purplexed by how much maintenance is required to keep the ice maker working! Every 1 - 2 weeks it will jam as described in numerous online postings.  Need to pull tray out and clear  jammed ice cubes from front to back.  While it does not require a jack hammer it does require a lot of brute force.  Sometimes scrapped knuckles as a result.

Fortunately I have a +15 year Jenn-Air downstairs still producing tons of ice.  The ice maker is not the reason we purchased the Samsung either BTW.

So is there a fix for this from Samsung?  Seems to be a HUGE design flaw as the ice maker does produce ice but jams often when transferring to the tray below and then stops prodcuing until you free up the jam.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For assistance with your concern, you can send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user98uvO2jAnC
Astronaut

Ice Bin Auger making squeaky noises

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All!

Refrigerator model is RS265TDRS

Need some advice.  The ice bin started making a bad squeaky noise when I try to dispense ice other day. I took the bin out, dumped the ice but it was still making the squeaky noise even ehen I reached into the bin and turned the auger hook with my hand. I let it thaw out completely, I washed it, I even used a plastic dropper to put some vegetable oil between the washers on the auger axis (there are washer between the blades with teeth) nothing worked. It still squeaks.

Should I take it apart and replace the washers or something? Any help would be appreciated

Highlighted
userwbEYlODztC
Constellation

Samsung refrigerator ice maker and icing problems

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a 2 year old french door refrigerator.  The ice maker has stopped working, and was barely working in the past 6 months.   When i consulted with the online chat, the best answer i got was to call a repairman because it was out of the warrenty.  Ok well i guess i can do that, not happy about it however not only is the icemaker not working now  yesterday i pulled out the bottom drawer in the fridge to get something out, and when i did,  ice sheets came flying out from under the drawer and now i have a nice little cut on my toe from the ice hitting it!    HELP!