cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxnM8k1RGp2
Constellation

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UGH! We replaced the icemaker last year for this same reason and the new one is already leaking after less than six months. This makes the refrigerator look awful because the water stains. This was a very expensive appliance and I am not happy. I'm hoping that Samsung will replace the part and I won't have to resort to social media to expose this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message so that we can get some additional information?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFOeuMoWYMp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just found this incredible list of problems and found that I am truly not alone. I have an RF28K9070SR that we really like as a refrigerator. If it wasn't for the icemaker!

The unit is now 21 month old and had two service calls before warranty ran out. The first call wouldn't even come out to look at the frig as they had to order parts! They came 5/14/18 and replaced the ice maker, auger motor and y clip. Unit worked for about a month before we had to manually defrost. Scheduled a second tech that came on 7/25/18, about 1 week before warranty expired. This crew was genius. They adjusted the water pressure by turning the wall valve half closed and adjusted the water hose to the ice maker. Froze up right after warranty. 

Since the last crew was concerned about pressure, I had a new water regulator installed and adjusted to 40 psi.  Plumber said not to go much lower as many water vales in the refrigerator will not shut off when too low. Needless to say it still freezes and drips and moulds etc. I am now the owner of a Wagner wallpaper steamer tha I use every 2-3 weeks to remove the ice build up from the icemaker.

After reading 34 pages of complaints, I will copy all receipts and send with a letter to the Govenors Office of Consumer Affairs. I have no hope that Samsung will do anything. The replys by the Samsung moderators border on consecending, acting like this is all new.

userQvf6aCqfTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem with our RF4287HARS model.  Has anyone tried to turn off the ice making feature?  I am still able to dispense water and refrigerate food.  HOPEFULLY the water will stop pooling on our wooden floors.

usertmBBwp8u1z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue as everyone else. As another person noted, mine started after I began frequently using crushed ice. I assumed some of the small bits were left in the trap and melted by the next time I used it. However I stopped using crushed ice, defrosted the whole ice maker and its still doing it. I notced another user stating that they had a gap in the gasket, I checked mine and there wasn't a gap. But I did notice there was a gap between the ice maker itself and the housing.

The gap was not there when I Initially bought the refrigerator, as I remember it being pretty tough to remove the ice maker the first few times. Well, now the ice maker comes out easily, but there is a small gap creating this problem. After defrosting to ensure no ice was blocking it, and checking and trying to adjust all the brackets that snap the ice maker into place, I could not come up with a fix.

So I have isolated the probem- the icemaker is not snapping into place tight enough, leaving a small gap where warmer air melts some of the ice. However I was unable to find a way to get the ice maker to go fully into place again. While not ideal I may try to use silicone caulking to fill this gap and see if that works.

user7dsl3YWsSa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WE have the same issues...only our model is RF28JBEDBSR...looks just like your picture, so same icemaker is apparently used in several Samsung models.  Had unit replaced 6 months after warranty expired, but it still doing the same thing a year after replacement.  It doesn't appear that Samsung is doing anything to correct/fix the issue.  I has puddled and dripped bad enough to drip to the hardwood floor;  I am worried it will ruin the floor.  I am at the end of my rope and can't get anything resolved.  It is a major design flaw!!!  Totally disappointed with Samsung!!!

takedownca
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact problem here on a 2 year old fridge, p/n RF23HCEDBSR/AA. I tried the bubble wrap solution, but it hasn't worked.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Highlighted
userlpduLN6xhs
Constellation

RF30KMEDBSR Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker stopped making crushed ice about 4 weeks ago regardless of setting on 'crushed' or 'cubed'. Now it is grinding and only producing a little cubed ice.  This refrigerator is only a few months old.