JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
userNwdGjtTB9z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This solution to turn off the ice maker at night and back on during the day works. However, why doesn't the ice maker know when it is full and stop making ice? Is there a bad sensor or ???

0 Likes
userMCYHKQtorn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have this problem too. It's too bad because we purposely steered away from another refrigerator brand that we had similar problems with. I thought we were buying a good product that was more expensive and seemingly better quality than the others in the store at the time of purchase. 

Please let me know when there's a real fix for this issue.  Turning the icemaker off at night or defrosting the entire unit every month isn't a real fix.  We expect our kitchen refrigerator to dispense water and ice as designed or advertised. We look forward to any information or assistance Samsung can offer to help. Thank you. Every few weeks.Every few weeks.

0 Likes
userp2fa2Rp97x
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Likes
userv0B47Vf7aG
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userp2fa2Rp97x wrote:

https://youtu.be/ij4GQBPGM1M

Heres vid of fixing common problem with samsung icemaker (slushy, chipped,melted ice cubes) recommen...

I feel for people who aren't mechanically inclined or might not know someone who is able todo this for them. Aside from the fact that the part(s) cost a lot, this should be a Samsung issue.

Thanks for the info for those who can use it.

0 Likes
userp2fa2Rp97x
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
0 Likes
bgejr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have the same problem. Fortunately once we manually clear the “jam” it will make ice again so we started turning it off once it is full, then on again for 1-2 days once it is empty. I am afraid to replace the complete auger/fan assembly DA97-12540A as I might introduce a new problem. Looking for a way just to test/replace the IR sensor and control circuit if possible but not sure they sell the smaller parts. Good Luck.

0 Likes
userNwdGjtTB9z
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The only solution I have found that works and doesn't cost anything is to check the tray everyday and if it is full, turn it off on the front panel. Turn it on when you need it to create more ice. Basically the problem is that whatever system is suppose to shut it off automatically when it is full, doesn't work.

0 Likes
userVeNkeBCKEG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

RF23J9011SR/AA. Same issues as everyone else.   Called Samsung the said there are no know issuse with ice maker.  Of course I'm out of warranty too.

0 Likes
usernfT6Jd6ZLo
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Gee, just like thet say in the intructions, right? Turn off at night, drain, then turn back on in the AM. Right! Perhaps if Samsung's engineers knew how to design an ice maker.................

0 Likes
mkr993
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If your unit is out of warranty, here is the response you'll get:

"Unfortunately, due to the age of the unit, we are unable to assist with the cost of repair. You can find a repair center using the following link:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location"

0 Likes