JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,833 Replies
useryHZvi4ASdy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have exactly the same problem! Was Samsung able to help you??  We've resorted to buying ice in a bag, because every time we finally get the ice maker to thaw (by using hot water in containers, etc...such a pain), then within weeks it freezes up again. Then, because the ice maker is frozen, we have water leaking into the bottom of the refrigerator! Help! When we purchased it, best buy came out 3 times to fix the problem. Replaced the icemaker, etc. We still have the problem!  How do we fix it??? HELP! 970-290-7333 Thanks! Aleesa

So how do you turn the ice maker off at night? What a pain to try to remember this every single day. For an item that is supposed to make our life easier...this doesn't sound like it does!!! Help!  Wish I had never purchased this refrigerator!!!

0 Likes
user7aLmuQsReA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The upper ice maker on the model listed above forms ice above the fan in the auger assembly. When this happens the ice maker area doesn't get enough air circulation to keep it cold enough. Result is soft ice and often ice maker stops making ice. The ice maker and auger assy (has heated drain tube) have been replaced. The gaps around the ice maker area have been sealed. I have defrosted this area numerous times and it is fine for a maximum of 3 weeks. I have ordered the clips that go on the refrigerant tubes. What else can I do to prevent the ice build up above the fan?

0 Likes
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Same issue wow this is a design flaw ! They need to make a recall and replace these refrigerators
0 Likes
userqB4hpCThVX
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. 

Hey samsung have you figured out how to make a ice make yet??!!

Maybe call whirlpool or some other mfg.

Please put me on the class action lawsuit list...

OH and PS I wont buy another samsung product in my life time....

0 Likes
useriEGEaGgxGh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue . Is this 1960?? ... Defrost the unit?   Hopefully an attorney will buy one and get as angry  as we all are and file a class action suit 

Feel free to contact me if you know of any action against Samsung .

0 Likes
userCVGWIiqUJK
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine started off fine and in the last 6 to 8 months it is doing just that over filling and freezing up .It would be nice to have a cut off arm.

0 Likes
user8xSxDS6iTH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can confirm that the most recent repair attempts still aren't working.  I had a technician out a couple of months ago to install all of the newest parts (icemaker, tray, auger, etc) and perform all steps in the most recent bulletins (Y-clip, silicon, tube adjustment, etc.) and it was better for about 6 weeks.

As of yesterday, ice is building up on the bottom of the icemaker again, and water is pooling beneath the ice dispenser.

0 Likes
userWcIQ1pZAI4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

mine freezes over even when the tub is empty. nice try Samsung. blame the customer

0 Likes
useramFFeXd0dD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had thought that may be the issue too and was doing as you suggested. That is not the problem. The ice maker is still freezing up and I need to defrost it. 

0 Likes
uservaMwarx5pH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought my Samsung RF28JBEDBSG/AA in January of 2018.  Already have a service rep coming out for a frozen ice maker.

I am a big fan of Samsung electronics, so silly me, thought their other products were good.

NOT a happy camper.

0 Likes