cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumquat
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why you somsung don’t want fix the problem with ice maker we have 7319 people complain 

userEfqjH2wdjT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our 2016 Samsung ice maker is doing the same thing. So it's clear to me this has been a long term problem with Samsung and they don't seem to care about fixing it. I urge everyone here to do as i and go FTC.GOV and file a consumer complaint with the federal trade commission. With enough complaints they may file a class action lawsuit against Samsung on our behalf. All of us paid a lot of money for something that clearly has a factory flaw.

userL3zxqPFZx3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agree. We need to speak out! Samsung is not standing behind this faulty product
userZLVHwDhRe7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish I would have known this prior to buying it I definitely would not have purchased it!

userAMZuoIfNho
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very funny. Seems like everyone is given a different excuse. The bottom line is that it is a design issue. The ice maker sits in the refrigerator and is not properly sealed. As soon as you open the fridge, especially if you keep it open long, say to put groceries away, or if your eldkids are staring to see what they want, warm air gets in. The warm air creates condensation or melting in the ice maker Which then causes that water that drips out ahead of your ice. As things refreeze in the ice maker itself the ice sticks together, jams in side and everything stops working. I called for service within the 1st year and they have come back several times with different ideas. Now, apparently the fix is a small clip which I am still waiting for, that supposedly solves the problem. Still waiting......I have to melt it down and restart it weekly!!! What a waste of time and money. Never again will I purchase a Samsung fridge, they should stick to electronics.

usersXJtdehxuK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem and I also joined the Class Action.  If there is any progress, I would appreciate an update

userh5kjtCKAzC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What class action?

userCa48m9a6wQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userh5kjtCKAzC wrote:

What class action?

Probably this one. Found in 30 seconds on Google - <Hidden>

userVnPDYp80nJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I too have this problem it was fine when it was every six months it's every two weeks now I have to defrost I'm so disappointed with this appliance it's turning me off Samsung. How on earth can this be fixed or should I just replace it with another brand. This is shameful I can't even sell it because it's not workable and the price my God!
userl34mEp5A1O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No I do not except that as a solution. I have a refrigerator that is barely 2 years old