cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS2WVi4XV3A
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder how the issue or the thread was deemed "Solved"?

usernks6IPUM0y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution was Accepted by SamsungCole (Samsung Moderator), that's how.

I just found this thread today when my Model # RF28M9580SR froze up just as others had pictured, same cracked tray too. Now I have to see if I got the extended warranty from HD. 

I imagine a lot of wealthy people bought these models, when class-action?

userS2WVi4XV3A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes but, this feature is usually used by forum members (that I have seen) to attest to the fact that there is a valid resolution to a problem.

In this case, looking through the thread, the resolution might have multiple facets to the repair with sealing the edges, to water line clips, to replacing the entire icemaker assembly to replacing the ice drawer and auger. That is a lot of reengineering. They must have released this prematurely. 

I thought, even then someone said two years later they were having problems.

Must not be enough dollar amount for a lawyer or legal team to latch on to??

Maybe since they are S. Korean they can't be sued??

user6q2xJ9Geo5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is Samsung going to do anything abou this? i see postings from people who purchased in 2015. We purchased in 2017 and are having the same issues now. getting ready to send out a tech for the second time. Why haven't you guys done something about this on a large scale? looks like a design flaw to me. very inconvenient situation to deal with. 

useryi76X6DNaN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was hoping to find that Samsung had come up with a solution, but two years later - without ice - no progress.  Samsung is off my potential buy-from list now.    I try to stay with companies that back their products, though to be honest there are not many of those left.  Honda used to be one, but no longer.  Ice makers are not rocket science.   They have pretty much been standard equipment in refrigerators for 50 years now - HALF A CENTURY!   No excuse for this design flaw, and less for no solution.    Tired of dealing with bagged ice.  Can't afford a new fridge, so guess I'm in the market for a stand-alone icemaker.  I've have been actively warning freinds and family about Samsung products since they blew me off when I first started having issues with my NEW refrigerator.   

userWcIQ1pZAI4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My icemaker keeps freezing over after producing ONE LOAD of ice ! i dread even calling to get the run around.

userWcIQ1pZAI4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution unless you are providing it at no cost.

user18tJOUpbvU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this a solution?  400+ posts later, nobody has a working ice maker.

userYS85CG4tGd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a different model number #RF28HMEDBWW but the exact same issue.  I am on the list for my third ice maker.  They said they are backlogged with replacements and will be 6 to 8 weeks.  Luckily I took the Lowes extended 3yr service and will be using it every time the ice maker freezes up.  This last time they told me that there is an upgrade.  Funny as the last tech that came out said he was installing the new upgrade the supposedly didn't let the water overflow.  Yeah right.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide a transaction number that we may be able to look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.