cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriqVMIxVUZJ
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is an unacceptable response to this issue!! I have the same problem with my ice maker!!

userXtllwOwtde
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I highly recommend the following steps by owners with this ice maker issue:

1. Leave a review on Consumer Reports (there are already reviews citing the ice maker problem)
  2. Leave a review on the website on whatever retailer you bought this appliance (in my case, Home Depot)
  3. Leave a review on Amazon even if you did not buy the appliance there
userMVGlI0Ilg8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also recently noticed the same problem on our ice maker. Water coming out of the shoot when dispening ice cubes. 

I have had nothing but problems with the refridgerator... refridgerator coils not defrosting,  and now the temperature indicator shows theh refridgerator is 70 degrees, but everything the liquids are freezing. I'll become an appliance repair person after all the problems I have had with samsung refridgerators, washers and dryers.

userS2WVi4XV3A
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXtllwOwtde wrote:

I highly recommend the following steps by owners with this ice maker issue:

1. Leave a review on Consumer Reports (there are already reviews citing the ice maker problem)
  2. Leave a review on the website on whatever retailer you bought this appliance (in my case, Home Depot)
  3. Leave a review on Amazon even if you did not buy the appliance there

I did.

Home Depot has discontinued the model.

I spoke to them the other day and they said they quit carring the model because they had so much trouble with it.

userso2lus9Ymu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and just joined the lawsuit.  Samsung will not take care of this issue for me either.

kjkirkland86
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is crazy. My Samsung Refrigerator has been doing this as well. We paid a repair technician to come out and they replaced the ice maker because this happened outside of the warranty, however of course now it's happening AGAIN! The ice maker just freezes up and we end up with no ice and its the most frustrating thing in the world. We have all Samsung appliances (brand new washer, dryer, fridge, tvs, etc) but we are beginning to think this may be a bad idea. 

usera6bpMymHN9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I own a model rf24fsedbsr/aa refrigerator and I'm experiencing the exact same issues with my ice makes that are described in this lengthy thread of posts. I'm interested in jioning the class action lawsuit too. I have not had any service tech investigate these issues and it seems as if doing so is a waste of time and money. It appears the Samsung is aware if these problems and either dosen't have a fix to the  issue or won't stand behind their product. My unit is ~ 4 1/2 years old and the issue started 6 months ago and has gotten progerssivly worse. Can someone provide a link to the class action lawsuit please ? Thanks in advance for any help.

userZpplKTxZyU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide the statue of the class action complaint filed in Feb of 2017 reguarding the ice maker?

userTquCbDFz8n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having exactly the same problems.  So frustrating.   Ice maker has been doing this for months.  I’ve thrown away so much food since Friday I want to scream.  ALL my appliances ( kitchen and laundry) are Samsung.  If this doesn’t get resolved you’ve lost a customer for life. 

usergSIOVcujwc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with our ice maker. Of course my is just out of warranty. I sent Support an email and I'm waiting to hear back. The ice maker fan gets a block of ice over the fan and I need to defrost it every two days, otherwise water leaks out whenever we use it. Very disappointed.