cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unbelievable same thing happened to my refrigerator. Service came out $314. Samsung does not care. Not buying Samsung again.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ditto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did you or your father-in-law find a solution? IE a service recall?
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Add me to the apparent long list of dissatisfied Samsung customers with the same issues re: the Ice Maker. I also have RF28HFEDBSR model. I'm out of warranty of course but sounds like that doesn't matter since there is no obvious long term fix. It worked fine for a period of time but now I have soft/wet ice with the same build up of ice in the ice maker upper surface. Mine is not an issue related to the overflow of extra ice and the sensor not shutting off. In fact I end up with no ice in the tray at times. I also have the issue of a leaky ice dispenser. After dispensing ice into a cup, the dispenser continues to leak a little water for a few seconds, so there is a small pool left in the tray. In any case, I offer my case to the long list of Samsung customer complaints as it relates to this issue and call on them to recall these refrigerators! Next stop, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), https://www.cpsc.gov and the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/.
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me as well, I had a servic e guy tell me the only fix was to replace the entire door.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still no solution

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me too ice maker probs. The struggle is real!

email address. Getlinda@hotmail.com

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userufQMQPbhbs; How long have you had your unit?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung fridge a little over 2 years and am experiencing the same problems many are reporting in this thread.  It seems to go in waves of working, then I get the water leaking from the flapper, then the ice builds up on the bottom of the tray which I have to chip off.  It has been a frustrating past 3-4 months dealing with this issue.  I am really not interested in paying a tech to come to my house when I know the problem has not been resolved so that is throwing away money.

There is clearly a manufacturing defect with the ice maker assemblies, the fact that Samsung is not willing to stand by their products is a bit concernign given this is a wide spread commen issue. 

I also have a Samsung gas range which thankfully I can report so far has been amazing, the fridge however I regret my purchase.

Hoping one day Samsung will step up and fix these problems 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Experiencing the exact same issue as the rest. This is obviously a manufacturer's defect and could easily be turned in a class-action lawsuit. It's pretty disgraceful that Samsung isn't willing to recognize this issue and at least offer a fix or replacements.