cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung fridge a little over 2 years and am experiencing the same problems many are reporting in this thread.  It seems to go in waves of working, then I get the water leaking from the flapper, then the ice builds up on the bottom of the tray which I have to chip off.  It has been a frustrating past 3-4 months dealing with this issue.  I am really not interested in paying a tech to come to my house when I know the problem has not been resolved so that is throwing away money.

There is clearly a manufacturing defect with the ice maker assemblies, the fact that Samsung is not willing to stand by their products is a bit concernign given this is a wide spread commen issue. 

I also have a Samsung gas range which thankfully I can report so far has been amazing, the fridge however I regret my purchase.

Hoping one day Samsung will step up and fix these problems 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Experiencing the exact same issue as the rest. This is obviously a manufacturer's defect and could easily be turned in a class-action lawsuit. It's pretty disgraceful that Samsung isn't willing to recognize this issue and at least offer a fix or replacements.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello:

I noticed your message along with everyone elses on this model.  I just purchased mine three years ago and having multiple problems with it.  Ice maker, water leaking inside and out and now the compressor.  How did you file on the links you provided.  Tried, but was not successful.  Please let me know.

Thank you!

Judi

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to this very long list of very frustrated Samsung customers. I have the same exact issues with our ice maker as everyone else, water running out the chute, slushy ice, slow production, etc. this is crazy Samsung stopped even responding to everyone. Glad to see there is a class action law suite, down side is the laweys are the only one that will win with this. 

samsung just step up and do the right thing.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

add me to the list. water coming out of chute. slushy ice. ice buildup on maker that eventually clogs and maker stops working. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I find out about this class action suit

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userrSRKIGEutQ wrote:

How do I find out about this class action suit

Upmost ATTENTION: Samsung has decided to edit the posts of others to their own conveinience whenever they want to. I was simply told "Samsung moderators have editted your post". They removed the links to the class action lawsuit. So I will be posting them yet again for anyone that desires to join. This is purely unethical Samusung; you should be ashamed.

LINKS: http://kohnswift.com/2017/03/16/ksg-files-class-action-complaint-against-samsung-for-refrigerators-w...

https://kohnswift.com/2016/11/03/ksg-investigates-samsung-refrigerators-with-defective-ice-maker-inv...

I wish/hope others will continue to repost the links to the lawsuit so it gains more attention and more people can be compensated.

My thoughts (because I have to get them out after everything I've read):

I feel that Samsung is entirely responsible for providing a true solution to this issue. Not a quick-fix, not a workaround, and not a "pay us some money and we'll make sure your ice machine works for another 2 weeks". I mean either fix it 100% or give the consumers a refund for the entire refrigerator.

It doesn't matter whether that costs them a lot of money or completely bankrupts the company; this is their fault and they need to own up to it.

Perhaps the issue wouldn't be as ridiculously widespead as it currently is if they didn't mask it with hotfixes for 4-5 years. Or maybe if they spent more time testing their product's quality rather than pushing them the first chance they can, they'd of caught the icemaker defect and the entire situation would've been avoided.

However hypotheticals are irrelevant, the fact is: They caused this situation and they're responsibly for owning up to its solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the links to the suit.  It's too bad, but the class action will likely result in owners of these poorly designed and defective refrigerators to get a check for $10 or so.  We'll still be out the thousands of dollars it cost to purchase these units.  I have a model RF23HCEDBSR counter depth fridge where the ice maker began to fail about 1 year and 5 months after installation.  Out of warranty, of course.  Defrosted and got it working again, only to see the same thing start again less than 2 weeks later.

The short of it is, all of the icemakers of this construction WILL fail.  It's not a matter of it, but when.  The when will likely be shortly after your warranty period has expired.

Have to start looking for a new fridge.  Anyone got suggestions?  Gotta be counterdepth.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has a "fix" kit that contains these Y clips and a plastic bezel to be installed with a new ice maker module that does not have a cut out in the back.   I am trying to understand how these Y clips work to attach to the cooling loop and hang down....  I hear these clips do help a ton.... But why?   How do these clips work?  Anyone know??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My friends family bought a brand new Samsung fridge. After having 2 ice makers replaced and still having the same freezing up problems they went to the store they bought it from and spoke to manager of store explaining everything they had been through.  They were able to exchange the samsung for a Whirlpool of their choice (special order with upgrades and everything).  They are very pleased with this fridge and will never do Samsung again.  They should stick with TVs tablets and phones.