cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userZLhw4PcnY8
Constellation

Re: RF263BEAESG ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please explain to me why an un-leveled refridgerator would only start showing problems after more than a year?

userUXPAL6ctfC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Leveled the refrigerator and changed the temps to 0 freezer and 38 fridge and it seems to be better after about a week.  I’ll post an update later but it seems to be better!

userdu0vy69wHy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So has this continued to work?

user33uKfY94Hc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine freezes as well, it is level, temp at 0 and 38, and the dispenser door is closing all the way and is clean.  It is freezing about every 2weeks, have to use a hairdryer to blow hot air to defrost it the frost and ice builds up so much.  Fridge is about 1.5 years old.  It has the pull out snack drawer between the fridge and freezer

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user33uKfY94Hc That sounds super frustrating! MInd sending me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I can look into this for you?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the fridge has not been leveled for that time-frame, it could cause several problems. One example; the water that circulates through the fridge would not flow properly if not leveled. Without the water circulation to help keep the fridge temperature at the correct degree, this would cause the compressor to kick on more than it should. Over time, this could cause your unit to make irregular noise (loud compressor) or cause cooling problems. This is normally handled at the initial set up of the fridge by the Professional installer. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercsqEk3IXh9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The freezing up inside the ice maker has to be the seals to the door not performing as they did when new. Build up of juice, sodas etc that splashes up as the ice comes out may be causing that trap door to remain partially open.  If so, the warmer and higher humidity air can get in and frost builds up to the point it clogs the ice maker. The other possibility is the white gasket that seals the door opening to the ice maker when the door is closed could be failing. Open door and look at that gasket to see if worn, torn or has build up.

I have just cleaned the bottom of the opening after finding some sticky residue at it appears to help. Time will tell. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How are things with the fridge currently?  

userWfGgSvbdwa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue as everyone else!