cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpHrOQwWvdB
Astronaut

Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung refrigerator that has the ice maker issue that freezes up. I have had to use a hair dryer every month to defrost the ice maker to get it to work. I read that everyone had this problem and there was no fix. Samsung would only send a third party repair service to change out the guts of the ice maker and it would start freezing up again. It finally stopped working all together and I called and the service person said that my hair dryer caused the side of the frig to warp and they could not repair the icemaker. Samsung says this is my fault and will not provide any resolution. I had to defrost to use the ice maker because Samsung had manufacturing issues. There is a class action lawsuit but Samsung will not provide any assistance to me even though I have lived with this faulty ice maker for over 4 years now having to defrost it every month. They say it is my fault. I will not buy anything from Samsung in the future. No phones, no appliances. They do not support their products or their customers.

userD0ejs1MPtE
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only thing that works is just wrong!!

Once a week my ice stops dumping,I have to take out the bin chisel ice cubes out of the drop and then scrape all the ice off, then it works for a bit.

Also water constantly drips out of the ice maker onto the door below.

This is ridiculous.

I want this fixed!!

This frig is less than a year old and my old frig was 25 yrs old and still works like a charm. 

I am comopletely regretting going with Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userD0ejs1MPtE We're sorry to hear that, please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userNRqF697pIU
Astronaut

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator back in 2014 and it made loud banging sounds almost immediately.  We called customer care and they said this was normal.  I disagreed and continued to call, each time i was told this is normal but at my insistence they sent a tech as we were under warranty.  The tech stated this is a known issue with Samsung refrigerators and they didn't have a fix.  The day after our warranty expired the ice maker stopped working, we paid for an extended warranty at a cost of $500.00.  A technician came out and again said there was not a fix and replaced the ice maker.  Approximately 1 year later it happened again, i called Samsung they said we had to do another warranty, so we paid once again, they sent a technician and AGAIN, the same story, there is not a fix and Samsung is aware of the issue.  I tried reaching out to Samsung and was told there was nothing they could do for me.  Skip another 6 months or so later, we decided to not renew the warranty and i called a refrigerator repair man.  He said Samsung had come up with a fix and we replaced the ice maker at a cost of $800+, 6 months later it started doing the same thing, freezing up, slushy ice, not making ice.  I called the repair man back and he resealed the unit and said not to open it.  I don't open it unless it's not working by the way.  A couple weeks ago, the ice maker stopped working again.  I'm faced with another $800 charge to fix it.  This is absolutely ridiculous, especially since Samsung is aware of the issue and cannot fix it.  I'm out $1800.00 at this point and another $800 if i want to "fix" it again.  We spent alot of money on this refrigerator and it's absolutely ridiculous that i've spent nearly what i paid for the refrigerator on ice maker repairs.  Samsung is a horrible company and i will never purchase another one of their products.  I was a loyal Samsung customer (tv's, appliances, cell phones) but no more.  BUYER BEWARE DON'T PURCHASE A SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

userYJIuMeIqG1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried all the steps in the thread and nothing will work.  The ice bin is frozen and cant’t be moved.  I have turned off the ice maker for days.   I cannot reach anyone at samsung.  I was cut off of the chat.  What is next step for me with a 6 month old refrigerator?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

user6itg2tKNo3
Constellation

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model RS261MDRS/XAA. Recently my ice maker stopped working. I have tried all the tests from reset button to defrost still nothing. No sound while holding reset and no frost build up. Water dispenser works fine on door. Could the solonoid be bad in the motor? Any help would be appreciated thank you

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

usercSInZxFtA9
Constellation

Freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF23HCEDTSR/AA freezing up.  Refridgerator freezes up causing air circulating fan to hit ice, eventually stopping fan.  Ice Maker in refridgerator section freezes up causing ice to cling to wall of ice dispenser thus jaming the icemaker.  It eventually causes the ice bucket to get stuck to the point that you can't get it out of the refridgerator.  This unit is three years old and I have had samsung repair out twice.  I have also had a local company out twice.  The defrost sensor has been replaced and moved to another location, the heating coil replaced, the SB on the drain tubes done, the SB on the heater drain  extension done, the defrost sensor repositioned to another location again, the control board replaced, the cover for the evaporator haas been replaced twiice and still no help.  It freezes up about every 2 months.  Finally had enough.  Samsung finally agreed to pay for replacing the control board, which I was informed by the technician had been reprogrammed to provide better defrost cycles, the ice maker was replaced, the defrost sensor moved to yet another location and the cover over the evaporator replaced.  I had to pay the service fee which was $160.00.  I am going back to samsung for reimbursement of the service fee as this was not my fault .  If anyone else is having these problems, which I think there are many looking at complaints on the internet, they should contact samsung and get them to pay for repairing their refridgerators.  A class action suit would be a great idea.

userleCGyrCbd3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The solution is not working fo my Samsung refrigerator modelLFXS24623S/00.  This is frustrating.  Since I've had this refrigerator, ice maker has given me nothing but problems.  And now since Th beginning I'd Oct 2019, the ice maker refused to work.  In addition about ever month, the have to remove a 1/4 inch sheet of ice that forms at the bottom of my freezer.  I will never recommenced a Samsung refrigerator to anyone ever.  I recently purchased a dish washer and because of your refrigerator issues, I refused to even consider Samsung.  Stick with TVs and leave kitchen appliances to companies that care.