cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: cannot remove ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

really,  you're going to live with a tilted fridge??

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have refrigerator RF 323TEDBSR/AA.

Since right after purchase the upper ice maker has iced up.  Repair has been to silicone around ice box (this doesn't stop problem), turn refrigerator on and off (supposedly to reset circuit board (this doesn't work).  Then repair people say this is a known problem, they leave and I never hear from them again.  This has been happening for years!!

I understand that there is a class action lawsuit for this problem.  Does anyone know anything about this?  What is happening in it?  How do you join the class action? 

Repair is out again.  Yesterday they went through the unplug and then plug in to reset circuit board. 

Resetting the top and/or bottom ice maker does nothing!

Still NO ice.  Today they say that they will contact Samsung (again?). 

Obviously, there is a problem with the ice maker.  AND, obviously Samsung knows about the problem!

Neither my top or bottom ice maker works!!!!  And with three children and it getting hot, this is a serious problem.

Does anyone know if LG has the same problem?

What have you done to correct this problem?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you're having trouble with your ice maker not working, whether it's freezing over or not making ice at all take a look at the steps provided below it might help.  

Can you verify that the ICE off light is not turned on? When ice only drops from the ice maker if the test switch/button on the ice maker is pressed, verify that the Ice Off icon is not illuminated on the display panel. When the Ice Off icon is illuminated, the ice maker is turned off. However, when pressing the test button, the ice maker will continue to harvest any ice that is in its ice tray.

Samsung recommends that you change your water filter every 6 months. If your water filter has not been changed in the last 6 months feel free to purchase one on Samsung.com or samsungparts.com

Replace the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060149/

Check the dispenser's water pressure.

Dispense water into a measuring cup for 10 seconds. You should get at least 6 ounces (3/4 cup) or more.
If you get less than 3/4 cup, your water pressure is too low. A potential cause might be a clogged water filter, so remove your water filter and try again.

If your ice maker is frozen over we recommend defrosting the unit by unplugging it or turning it off at the breaker and then performing the reset step below.

Reset the ice maker.

There is a test button on the ice maker. (Most models will require you to remove the ice bucket to view the ice maker.) You can typically find an illustration of the location of the test button in your user manual. Once you find this button:

Press and hold the test button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds).

The test takes about 6 minutes. During the test cycle, you will hear ice drop into the bucket and the water valve energize to fill the ice maker.

At the end of the test, another chime will be heard.

Note: If the ice maker does not chime when you press the button, or if it does not chime at the end of the test, unplug the refrigerator or power it down at the circuit breaker, wait 2 minutes, and power it back up. Watch the display for any error codes. Then, try the button again. If it still does not chime, visit our Support Center to request service.

Allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours).

Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. If ice piles up at one end of the bucket, the ice maker will think it is full and stop ice production. Find more information in the "Ice maker is making some ice but not enough" section.

If the above troubleshooting steps did not help, you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

text and complain!! it won't get any better.  I had one and they replaced the ice maker twice and still no better.  Also, if they won't refund you, there is a class action suit out there against the Samsung refrigerator ice makers, do a search.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

text and complain!! it won't get any better.  I had one and they replaced the ice maker twice and still no better.  Also, if they won't refund you, there is a class action suit out there against the Samsung refrigerator ice makers, do a search.  emails for the law suit were

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This refrigerator has been a bust from day one, and no one will take resposnibility. Samsung service has "FIXED" it multiple times. Five visits from the repairman, the last one three weeks ago, and now everything refrozen and it isnt cooling. This thing is not repairable. We have not had ice in 2 years. My $600 cheapie in the basement keeps spitting out ice and keeping things cool while this several thousand dollar boat anchor does neither. Samsung keeps recommending a fix, service does it- no result. Service company now refuses to come out as they have tried everything. I am embarrassed to say this, but I wish nothing but bad will for Samsung.  You should be ashamed and I hope if a class action is formed you get an inflexible judge who won't let you write a minimal check and walk.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20200429_194237 Fridge.jpg

For model number RF28HDEDBSR/AA - This is 1 week after defrosting.  Week 2 the ice builds up more and it won't produce ice any more.  Every 2 weeks I have to defrost.  It only took 1 year for the icemaker to stop working properly.   What happened to frost free?  I paid so much money for this fridge and I expected it to work.  My last one (different manufacturer-no repairs) lasted 13 years and was left for the next family who used it for another 8 years.  I would not recommend this machine.  Very poor quality. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else. The fridge is out of warranty and after contacting Samsung about the issue with my RF28HFEDBSR/AA, they refused to lift a finger to address the issue. They'd be happy to send someone out though, at my cost.

This will be the last Samsung product that I ever purchcase, of any kind. 

Yesterday I installed a new icemaker modual that I purchased from Amazon, DA97-15217D (the old modual was a DA82-15217A) along with the drip clip kit, DA82-02367A. My fridge did not have any clips of any sort installed before this. I also sealed up the icemaker compartment with silicone. I woke up this morn to a full ice bucket and no frost. We'll see how long that lasts, maybe I'll get lucky? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get involed with this group. There have been known issues with these models.  I think you model is listed in the class action suit.

[edit]

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update on your fix?