cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpn84
Constellation

Re: ice maker stopped samsung model RF263BEAESR fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had my refrigerator fixed and it works great now, Here is exactly what the repairman did according to my  invoice.  My ice maker would freeze up and I would have to defrost it every 2 weeks and then I had leaking behind my deli tray coming from the ice maker. It now works perfect. Remember, there is a reset buttom on the  top right side of the icemaker.  Good luck!

leak kit

assycover evap-ref

assy case- fan auger

y clip

assy ice maker

userfaoGGvNqwd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well 20 plus hours after reset and no ice. No water dripping or anything. Looks like mynicr maker just died. Not sure it a frozen issue as there is no dripping or anything anywhere. Gaskets are dry etc. The reset button last night just chimed,. I heard no motor trying to turn or anything. Could it just be a bad ice maker and not this freezing up problem all expressing. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFVZySdApU1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungJam,

i am having the exact same problem as this user.  Could you help?  How do I send you a private message?

josh miller 

userHkSov3e0v9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It appears that Samsung have quality issues

i have had a washing machine that had a fault that could cause it to burst into flames ( replaced by Samsung) an air conditioner that the external ( supposed to be out in the wind and the rain) corroded within the warrantee period ( Samsung not interested as they say corrosion is not covered by their warrantee) and nowan ice maker that works occasionally

best fix is not to buy Samsung as obviously they have inferior designs or materials in their manufacture and don’t give a toss if it’s not working until their is enough complaints for a class action

userBctST9RIGn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes this fridge is a joke! Ice maker has been replaced 3 times! I have been defrosting with my hair dryer every few months or sooner because it gets ice build up & freezes & stops making ice. Leaks water also! Repair men said it is going to keep happening because ice maker is not supposed to be in the fridge part. They have it happen all the time. Samsung should recall these & give our money back! I have called several times & I get a the run around.😡

user51d6cmPguI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue.  I have Model RF28JBEDBSR - I  bought last summer from Home Depot, and now the icemaker leaks water, then jams up. I press reset, and it works for a few days, but still leaks, then stops working again. It also puts mold flakes in ice/water when it does work.  It also leaks water into the refridgerator.    Just out of warantee, of course - but it doesn't appear anyone has been able to solve this - even with service repair?

user51d6cmPguI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Looks like I'm on my own. Thanks Samsung. Nice to pay $2500+ for a unit that lasts one year
I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your refrigerator. We are more than happy to set up this service for you but however, you would be responsible for the cost of the repair. Based on the serial number you provided the unit is out of warranty as of 05/31/18. If you would like to receive quotes on service/labor or arrange the service yourself from an Authorized Service Center near you, please use the link provided below."

Did anyone say they had a link to class action suit?
useryzwCCpgHyd
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should be marked as the correct solution. I'm defrosting mine once a week and resetting every other day. Now it's stopped completely. Everyone should know there is an active class action against Samsung for their faulty ice makers. I will never buy another Samsung product. Who in engineering thought putting an ice maker in the refrigerator section was a good idea. 

userCO2oCisndd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had to do the same thing! There is now a class action lawsuit against Samsung!!