JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
userllEmwt89lY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi I'm having the same issue here... Ice jammed and can only open ice box a little. 

RF23M8070SR

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@ userllEmwt89lY Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

0 Likes
userUvjvtBvSIk
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This solved my problem with my ice maker. Hopefully, it will do the same for yours.

Follow both directions;

1)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89RPiWxBcCg

2)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60

Good luck

Step by step instructions on how to replace Samsung Icemaker part # DA97-15217D (PD00037355).https://partsdr.com/part/da97-15217d-ice-maker-assemblySamsung O...
0 Likes
user9Yo7fCiIjt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had this problem start about a year into owning my refrigerator.  I posted on this bulletin board and was contacted by Samsung.  They replaced my icemaker, and now it is happening all over again.  It seems that the icemaker lasts about 12-18 months before it becomes unusable.  I'm at that point again. When I called this time, they said they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for someone to come out and take a look at the refrigerator.  I shouldn't have to pay for a problem that is clearly known and widespread and that I have had to call about in the past.  As I said then, it is not about making a problem free product, but how you treat your customers when the problems arise. This is getting tiring.

0 Likes
userlRaoa0Dd0f
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes-- my ice maker ALSO does not work anymore. It creates a huge block of ice rather than ice cubes. I have used a chisel and hammer to chip away at the ice block and have also used a hair dryer to melt it. It keeps coming back. When I spent hundreds of dollars on a brand new refrigerator this is not what I signed up for. Will NEVER purchase a Samsung refrigerator again.

0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a RF28HMEDBSR/AA 04 that just recently started leaked water from the ice dispenser in the door.  It'll drop out and collect in the water tray and then spill to the floor.  There is also water visible on the white rubber seal from the ice "chute" to the ice maker inside the door.  And the ice stored inside the ice maker tends to be wet and or slushy as it gets closer to the exit point of the ice maker.  

All other parts of the fridge are working fine.  How can this be fixed?

Pic 1 - leaking water exterior door

Pic 2 - inside of ice chute

Pic 3 - inside of door chute seal

Pic 4 - opening of ice maker

Pic 5 - interior of ice maker with icing 

Pic 6 - ice in ice maker tray

20170730_142754.jpg

20170730_142911.jpg

20170730_142802.jpg

20170730_142808.jpg

20170730_142829.jpg

20170730_142823.jpg

SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is the rest of the freezer as cold as it should be? 

0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The freezer itself is fine and consistently at -2°- it's at the bottom of the apploance, the issue is with the ice maker which is inside the top french door "above freezing temperature" section which is set to 38°.
userfDoT0dw8Q5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just started having the same issue with our ice maker in the last couple of week.   It's less than a year old so concerned this will be an ongoing issue.   Any assistance will be appreciated.  

0 Likes
TSabos
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We also have had this problem on an almost 2 yr old unit the last couple months, but I haven't had time to look into it.  If something comes of this thread it will be helpful, because opening the door only to have water spill out onto the floor every couple days is getting a bit frustrating.  Also, some water pools in the ice release tray in the door, so when you go to get ice you get a nice surprise of water first sometimes.

RF28HFEDBSR

0 Likes