JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
userEHMKERz0wV
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you get Samsung to replace it free of charge including labor?

usere9T5s9EDPu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung US tried to assist but couldn't because I live in Canada. Samsung Canada refused to assist because I was one month past warrantee! The Geek Squad was able to repair it by replacing the interior of the freezer (all major parts). It took them under 15 minutes to replace, and I had a service contract so there was no charge. Here's the interesting thing though...the Geek Squad technician told me that Samsung doesn't acknowledge this is an issue with my fridge (4 door, manufactured in 2018) as they claim the issue no longer exists. However....the Geek Squad tech told me they are commonly seeing the issue in newer models as well. He knew exactly what it was and how to fix it. So far, so good. We were told to expect the same repair to be required more than one though. We love the fridge but I have advised a friend in the market to select another brand because of this. 

0 Likes
userASe8quofty
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It seems that I have been experiencing the exact same issue. I have tried putting in the bubble wrap in the gasket housing to see if it will do anything, but I'm hoping that Samsung will come to a solution. 

My model is RF34H9960S4 - yup a $3,800 fridge that I purchased back in Jan 2015 with an icemaker problem. 

Samsung - please let me/us know what solutions we can try or please do something to help. 

0 Likes
usercjuZohahVO
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Can you please explain where the repair guy caulked with silicone? Is there a way to send a photo? thanks,
0 Likes
user0z1kmAyfLv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

same issue here with the ice maker leaking and ice slushy and doors making a creeking noise when i open the bottom ones also peeling black stainless steel pain on the top left door and contacted samsung they had me send pics and never did anything about it and also had issues with my brand new samsung dryer not drying clothes enough they would stay damp and pelling black stainless steel paint on stove my appliances are 1yr old and never had issues before with whirlpool appliances we need to open a class action against samsung i spent over $8,000 on my appliances and they wont help much with any issues 

0 Likes
torpid_tapir
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I tried this solution, but didn't find success. I then ordered and installed a new gasjet...still no luck. Even defrosted the icemaker with ano change
0 Likes
userhB8R0CgbJf
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm gonna try this! i hope it works!!! Thanks for the tip! This really makes sense.
0 Likes
nmdotcom
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Joining this thread. I called Samsung and they gave me the run around and said there is a “concession” for the ice maker for models manufactured in 2015. This tells me they know something is wrong but think it is limited to a specific year. Our fridge was manufactured in 2014 and has just recently in the last week started leaking all over the floor. Tried messing with the gasket and it doesn’t work. There is ice droplets on top of the ice maker and then slush that comes out from the ice maker and slides into the chamber/chooooooote. Then it melts and makes a mess. I’m wondering if the ice maker is over filling somehow and dripping water down then by the time it gets to the end of the ice box, turns to slush, slips down into the shoot. OR like others have said it’s the gasket letting warmer air in and causing it to melt.

also C     h u t e is not a bad word what is wrong with this company. 

0 Likes
userqOIAen3830
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung refrigerator is just over a year and a half old. It has been worked for this same issue 4 times. Thankful I bout the 5 year warranty. Lowe’s has decided to issue a reimbursement this time to get a new refrigerator. Can you guess what kind it won’t be???

nmdotcom
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Quick update I found a related video and if you remove the ice box there is ice that builds up somehow between the back fan and the ice maker. I melted the ice and replaced everything and now it’s working just fine. But the problem remains and Samsung should take ownership. I will never buy their appliances again.
0 Likes