cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Icemaker frosting over class action suit

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow!  You got over 4 years out of that thing.  It's time for something new!  Kidding, of course.  Mine made it about 2 years before starting the same thing.  Wet ice, frost, bin freezing up.  Samsung has been no help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I posted my model and S/N as a reply to this message and a Moderator took it down claiming I violated the TOS.  What?  I have a Samsung Refrigerator RF24FSEDBSR Rev. 9 and it has 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to say my French door Samsung fridge has been nothing but trouble. I too bought it around 2014 (will have to look up the date.)  The whole bottom drawer is now a big ice cube.  The doors don't properly close and the fridge door bins have broken repeatedly.  If they are going to make the door bins big enough for a gallon of milk, maybe they should make them strong enough to hold a gallon of milk.  I have replaced the bins on both doors and the replacements have broken and now the fridge is out of warranty and Samsung wants something like $70 for each plastic bin that breaks in a fridge that leaks water and now the freezer has turned into a literal ice box.  This is the worst appliance I had ever owned.  I just spent all day defrosting the freezer (it is about ninety degrees here today) and threw out a whole frozen beef tenderloin along with everything else in my freezer.  It looks like some items have been melting and refreezing from their shapes and top surfaces.  I do not want to risk getting sick on top of being extremely frustrated with this very poorly designed refrigerator.   I agree that an expense of this size should last longer than 5 years.  

Highlighted
Constellation

My ice maker is frozen shut... it is full of ice and I cannot remove it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator is only 4 months old and I’ve paid way too much for this to be happening to a brand new appliance.  Nothing in the owners manual explains how to defrost the ice maker and the process of removing the bucket is just as confusing.  The bucket is full of ice in a solid block so the bucket doesn’t move at all.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My ice maker is frozen shut... it is full of ice and I cannot remove it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code so that we can best assist. Is the unit properly level?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF28jbedbsg/Aa

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am including some more information regarding your concern. Will you please also send a private message with your serial number? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Ice bucket is stuck or has a block of ice

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes mine also!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is very disappointing, I have 6 Samsung TVs, Samsung microwave, Samsung washer and dryer, 3 tablets, note 9 and just ordered note 10, and willing to leave all Samsung products because service, support, and standards are not up to par. My ice maker just like everyone started acting up and now my ice maker is frozen shut and not producing ice. I need immediate help and attention, Samsung make this right or u will lose one of your most loyal customers. 

model #RF28HMEDBSR/AA

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.

Model # RF28JBEDBSG/AA   

S/N # <HIDDEN>

And yes is properly leveled.

@SamsungGill wrote:

Please provide the full model code so that we can best assist. Is the unit properly level?