JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
useroi0Z3Kjn4a
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had a Kenmore (Whirlpool) for 22 years. I replaced it with this unit just because I thought it was time. What a mistake. 

I remove the ice tray once a week and chip away the ice.  We would all be doing the rest of the refrigerator buying public a service if we warned them about the very poor product and even worse customer service at Samsung 

0 Likes
userE3oAAJmzBZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Add me to the list. Less than 2 year old refrigerator that has been repaired twice. The last repair the repairman told us it is unable to be repaired and called Samsung. Samsung authorized a replacement and provided an exchange number. A few days later call Samsung to check the status and they now state they are not going to replace it and tell me I have to live with it. So I am out a $75 service call fee for a repairman to tell me they are unable to fix the icemaker. In summary, less than 2 year old refrigerator+2 service calls on the icemaker in less than 2 years+paid thousands of dollars for this refrigerator=one not happy customer. So Samsung what should I do? I have a nonfunctioning/non repairable icemaker on a less than 2 year old refrigerator, how should I handle this Samsung? Go buy a new Samsung refrigerator?Smiley LOL

0 Likes
userzxrKPcsKKk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Ice Bucket is overfiling also.

Did anyone ever find a resouition to this issue?

Sensor seems to be in the Auger Motor assembly... I would think it would either have to be that unit or the logic board.  Any aditonal information would be helpfull.

0 Likes
userbZN9JE9ySS
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a extended warrenty and they are comming out this week to fix the ice maker, warrenty says if not fixed after 3 times for same reason they will replace/refund purchase price. This is with big box orange.

0 Likes
userEJnSyM5kVN
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

must be the time of the year.  mine is still freezing up.  I let it run overnight and shut it off in the am around 6am.  I turn it back on when i get home from work around 5pm. Now they are coming to replace the ice bucket because it cracked and it is also all knackered up in the front where the contacts are located.  Glad i bought extended warranty on this thing

0 Likes
userh3MWf6lowP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
It's very frustrating that Samsung is doing nothing about this issue. So many people have the same issue, obviously a faulty design.

Come on Samsung!!!
0 Likes
users7xHSfpK2b
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Love it.
0 Likes
user7sIDyPkFD4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do you have that process on how to remove the mechanism, if so can you post that here?

0 Likes
user0W7K0C5jd4
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem and need to use the hairdryer every couple of months. I bought the Samsung because of the great review Consumer Reports gave the model.  THis will be my last Samsung refrigerator and I no longer donate to Consumer Reports.

0 Likes
userI0c7115oCs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
There response to me was:

Subject: Re: Ice maker frosted every 2-3 weeks, annoying
Date: 09-15-2018 06:42 PM

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have pulled up the model details and I'm sorry to say we have no accommodation to offer at this time. This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

It's ridiculous how many of this units are failing and they don't have anything to offer; even after so many years of the same situation! Total junk... I know what not to buy and what not to recommend for future products!
0 Likes