JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
mbennett27
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
How did you join?
0 Likes
userLXDRLawbdc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

September 25

I just had a complete replacement of the ice maker in my 2015 refrigerator. The ice maker had stopped working some time ago. The parts replaced were; the ice maker, auger assembly, ice bucket, and special Y kit. The air gaps were also filled with silicone. The ice maker and auger assembly were manufactured in late August of this year. I waited on the parts to come in for about 7 weeks. The first couple of batches were a little slushy, but that probably was due to the temperature that was not stabilized yet. The next morning, the ice bucket was about 90% full. I believe I have the latest parts that are available. I will post updates on the 1st and 15th of each month for those of you that are interested to know if the problem has been fixed yet or not. I have the 4 door chef choice refrigerator. Temperature is set to 37 degrees, and the energy saver is turned off.

Refrigerator model: RF24J9960S4/AA
New Part Numbers:
Ice Maker; DA97-13718C
Auger: DA97-12540G
Ice Bucket: No model # on bucket. (the vanes on the auger that move the ice to the door are more robust)
Y clips: DA82-02367A

October 1: Ice bucket full this morning, no sign of frost/ice build up on the bottom or side of ice maker.
October 15: Ice bucket full this morning. No sign of frost or ice build up in the ice maker.
November 1: Ice bucket full this morning. I did notice a very small amount of frost on the bottom and side of the ice maker. It easily wipe off with a kitchen towel. Not sure if this is going to be needed on a monthly basis or not going foreward.
November 15: Ice bucket full. Small amount on frost on the bottom of the ice maker again.
I did not wipe it off this time as I want too see if it starts to grow in the coming weeks.

user8xSxDS6iTH
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userLXDRLawbdc wrote:

November 15: Ice bucket full. Small amount on frost on the bottom of the ice maker again.
I did not wipe it off this time as I want too see if it starts to grow in the coming weeks.

Sadly, I know how this story ends =/

DaleJrFan88
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well, I posted a link to the web page for the lawyers that filed the class action. Almost immediately Samsung deleted my post. They refuse to stand behind their products but sure don’t want any publicity about being sued over their defect with these ice makers. Just google Kohn Swift. It’s all over the internet. 

drmooretx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for recommending turning off the ice maker until we need more ice.  We have had this problem since buying it in 2014.  I purchased an extended warranty because I've had ice maker problems in the past.  Our's has been repaired several times with all parts replace one time except for the water lines, etc.  The tech even took off drain filters going into the pan.  He said it freezez up the drain causing big problems.  Great refrigerator but terrible design for the ice maker.

0 Likes
userkE6Nqy5eon
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Again how is this a solution. If Samsung can't figure out how to reliably derost the refirgerator or automatcally turn off the ice maker they should stop making refrigerators!!!!!

0 Likes
userHZ87Io5ue0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXL2sDGFkR0

this worked for me!  free and easy!

A simple fix for leaking ice maker in Samsung refrigerator.
0 Likes
useruoVgspDJn5
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem my question is why did the fridge and ice maker work fine for the first two years.

0 Likes
userOMj1IQBzB2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Purchased at Best Buy in 2015. 

Approximately 10 days after warranty expired, the icemaker started freezing up. Does not automatically defrost.

Extremely frustrated and overwhelmingly disappointed in this Samsung refrigerator/ice maker.    Irritating that the icemaker has to be manually defrosted every 2 to 3 weeks and we have no ice right now.   

Samsung should do the right thing and replace these faulty icemakers free of charge. Otherwise,   my next refrigerator will be a different brand.

No one wants to pay $2,000 plus for a fancy fridge that can’t make ice. 

usergD2PJVJjK8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Exactly my story :sad_but_relieved_face:

0 Likes