JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
userZroM1w21Lx
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My top icemaker started dropping pieces of metal and now does not work. That could have been a great big hazard if I had not caught it and dumped the ice.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userZroM1w21Lx   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userewrTELtHFE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree!

0 Likes
userl7Bin1TKDZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Already sick and tired of defreezing the ice maker every few weeks. Refrigerator is 3 years old and has had this problem for the last 2 years. Door seals are fine. Ice maker rubber-boot seal in dispenser is fine. Gap between refrigerator and ice maker is sealed off.  There is definitely a design problem and Samsung should make up for it. NO MORE SAMSUNG APPLIANCES

@userewrTELtHFE wrote:

I agree!

0 Likes
userKouwqgv9u3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased our referigator (RF28HFEDBSrR/AA) three years ago. We had many problems with ice maker and also not cooling (recently).  I had Tech person comes three times. He told me i need to replace ice bucket because it had crack and might be the cause. That did not help! He is supposed to come back and sealed because he thinks it related to air leaking. Also, the thec person defrost back side of refergiator last month and I believe it frosted again. I already about 300 dollars for this and I am afraid to pay more and the problem will not resolved. I am very disappointed with this big company does not want to take responsibility for its flaw product.

0 Likes
user5V6vfLjYAp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, do not spend another penny on the ice maker.  It is a design flaw and even with ful replacement of the ice maker it still will not function properly.  Samsung instructs technicians to first try 'clips', followed by special silicone to make more air tight, and finally to do full replacement.  None of these work after spending nearly $800 of warranty $$.  Samsung does know about it but is refusing to make it right.  They even issued a technical service bulletin July 17, 2015.

0 Likes
userUgRX6KziFe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a SAMSUNG french-door fridge RF28HMEDBBC with the drink-drawer.  The ice-maker has been nothing but trouble for as long as I can remember.  I've been breaking ice out of there when the tray stops dumping into the bin for what seems like forever -- and it's only about three years old.  The kicker now is that the ice-maker is so frozen up that I cannot do anything to dislodge it. 

This is extremely frustrating.  We had a $600(?) Kenmore for 18 years of good service, ice-maker and all; this $2500 ($3000?) SAMSUNG fridge had maybe one year of decent ice-making (if that).  Now it's hard to know what to do.  It's obvious from looking on-line that this unit has serious design flaws, and SAMSUNG really should be replacing these ice-maker units.

Littany of problems:

1. Ice-maker has always dripped water.  I have a folded-up dish-towel under the chute to mop up.

2. Ice-maker has frozen up for many, many months.  I'd pull the bucket and knock the ice out weekly.

3. Now the ice-chipping solution is failing.  We have no ice.  It's frozen solid.  I'm not happy.

0 Likes
userUgRX6KziFe
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Update to Feb 8 post: After digging around online -- including, probably, this forum -- I eventually found how to defrost the ice-maker.  It was time-consuming, but it did eventually result in an un-stuck ice-maker.  I pulled the ice bucket, put a towel in there to catch the water, and ran the defrost mode several times.  I also used a hair dryer on low heat to move things along.  Over night the thing made ice and dropped it in the bucket.  I'm still pretty fired up over this, but at least we have ice for now.  I have no doubt that the defrosting business will get old quickly.

0 Likes
userkpNc2iosnS
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I thought I was experiencing this problem along...hate my refrigerator with a passion! $1890.00 piece of junk

0 Likes
usermrEUeLPQIY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Agree!!!  Same issue.

0 Likes