cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronadaja1989
Asteroid

Re: Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. I can reset the icemaker, it will drop ice but have to this manually every hour if I want ice at all. Seems like my problem, besides have=ing to defrost every so often, is that the icemaker thinks the tray is full, even when it's completely empty.

user7UsiLgERkA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a really defective product.   Not only does the ice maker not work contstanly, but even when it is working it is very slow and the capacity is terrible.  GE has cheap products with very robust ice maker.  This is very disturbing for a $3000 product.

Has anyone gotten Samsung to come fix it?

userCalerTKYFl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a class action lawsuit pending against Samsung!

userUKif9GXqcB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had ice maker "repaired" while under warranty.  Fixed problem temporarily.  After that Samsung did not return calls.  Freezes up, then won't make ice. We need to empty and remove ice and clean out the mess each week.  What's the point of having an ice maker?   Apparently we are not alone.  Any respectable company would offer a solution.  Never again will I buy Samsung. Horrible customer relations. 

userIO3hggkByw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We called several times and no solutions were offered.
userXOpsba87gk
Constellation

Re:RF22KREDB Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot get the cover off the ice maker to reset it after defrosting 6 hours.  It is interesting that it took over a year (past warranty) to develop this problem?  So a hairdryer helps defrost?  Where do you aim the hairdryer?  The side or the front?  Well, I am not going to stand there holding a hair dryer anyway.  Maddening!!!

userZaXNOO54Pq
Constellation

Re: Re:RF22KREDB Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem and instead of using a hair dryer I put 2 mugs of hot water in the compartment. I keep replacing the water with new hot water until the ice is all melted. It is easier to melt the hard to reach back frozen area with hot water than a hair dryer. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZaXNOO54Pq: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the full model number and the serial number of your unit. 

VonSlingshot
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung needs to make this right.

@SamsungMichelle or whoever your superiors are need to address the countless ice maker issues.

I just paid a repairman $85 for a 5 minute estimate, to which he wanted $330 to replace the unit that takes 5 min to swap out.

Part number is DA97-13718A which no longer is available - So - What is the replacement part number?

Your samsung parts phone number rings but nobody picks up.

my fridge is 2 years old - same as the others.... $2000 spent for what?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VonSlingshot, we would be more than happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message with your model and the serial number to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.