cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get involed with this group. There have been known issues with these models.  I think you model is listed in the class action suit.

[edit]

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update on your fix?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!  What's the trouble that you're having?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why does Samsung come on here and ask a question like that? 

What's the trouble that I'm having?

You know perfectly well what the trouble is. It's the same trouble that everyone else on this forum is having. There's lot of pics here to see the issue. The icemaker freezes/frosts up and then stops making ice. It will no make any ice untill the frost/ice buildup is removed. Once that happes it works again, till the ice buildup returns. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I just talked to Someone at Samsung Canada and there are NO REPORTED ISSUES with the model fridge I own. 

So there's always that...oblivious to the thousands of people having issues that I pointed out and they apparently are not aware LOL.  I hope that everyone that has issues will stay far away from Samsung products in the future I know I will. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you talking to me? If so then the only update that I have is that my fix worked. So far no frost, no icing up, and plenty of ice where it belongs, in the ice bucket. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm trying to follow your thread, but this one is very long. Can you summarize what "your fix" was? I have a model RF34H9960S4/AA and have gone through all the troubleshooting steps, plumped up the gasket between the door dispenser and the ice bucket, caulked the inside with sealant, etc. I saw one YouTube video with a slightly older model that suggested putting sealant in between some parts of the icemaker assembly, but I'm wondering if it applies in my model?

Has there been any settlement of the class action? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This message is for anyone having trouble with their ice maker and need assistance. 

First, we need to determine what exacting is going on with your ice maker. 

If your ice maker is freezing up, take a look at the accepted solution on-page 1 in the link below: 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Ice-Maker-Keeps-Freezing/td-p/908107

If your ice maker is not dispensing ice, see link below:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Fridge-Freezer/m-p/1187953#M27006

If your ice bucket is stuck, see link below:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Ice-bucket-stuck/m-p/1164936#M26459

Any additional problems with your ice maker, see link below: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or IF it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5wVfArHMJx wrote:

I'm trying to follow your thread, but this one is very long. Can you summarize what "your fix" was? I have a model RF34H9960S4/AA and have gone through all the troubleshooting steps, plumped up the gasket between the door dispenser and the ice bucket, caulked the inside with sealant, etc. I saw one YouTube video with a slightly older model that suggested putting sealant in between some parts of the icemaker assembly, but I'm wondering if it applies in my model?

Has there been any settlement of the class action? 

Here's the info from my other post. 

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else (icemaker freezes up and stops making ice till the ice is cleared again). The fridge is out of warranty and after contacting Samsung about the issue with my RF28HFEDBSR/AA, they refused to lift a finger to address the issue. They'd be happy to send someone out though, at my cost.

This will be the last Samsung product that I ever purchcase, of any kind. 

I installed a new icemaker modual that I purchased from Amazon, DA97-15217D (the old modual was a DA82-15217A) along with the drip clip kit, DA82-02367A. My fridge did not have any clips of any sort installed before this. I also sealed up the icemaker compartment with silicone. I only slealed the bottom of the icemaker compartment. One bead of silicone along the bottom of the icemaker and the wall of the fridge. I my opinion this isn't the most impotant step. The clips and the new icemaker modual are the most important. Replacing the modual isn't that difficult, once the clear the ice from the rear of the icemaker.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the solutions work.  We spent $2k on this refrigerator.  Shouldn't be too much to expect the icemaker to work correctly without the efforts we've puit in.  We've done all the so-called "fixes" that didn't fix the problem.  I used to be a fan of Samsung products, but no longer.  We're going to get rid of thios piece of garbage and will rethink purchases of antything from Samsung in future.