cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RS25J500DSR refrigerator not making ice nor dispensing water

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, I asked for that information on the page. Please send us a private message so we can continue to assist you there. Link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung rf4267hars icemaker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide more details of your concern? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQZ9mAvPE2K
Constellation

Model RF23J9011SR/AA Refrigerator - Never buy a Samsung product again

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator at the end of December 2016 from Lowes and the warranty had expired.  Around January 2018 I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel and melt away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker by utilizing a butter knife and a hair dryer.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   

I SHALL NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG RERIGERATOR AGAIN AND ANY OF SAMSUNG PRODUCTS…PERIOD

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Model RF23J9011SR/AA Refrigerator - Never buy a Samsung product again

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the serial number so I may look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userpAimR4WkGe
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently experiencing the same issue on RF25HMEDBSR/AA model refrigerator so I share your pain and frustration.  Apparently from what I have been able to learn from others is that Samsung has issued a technical bulletin.  That is, instructions to repair technicians on how to resolve this isssue. 

The instructions include among other things sealing the ice maker compartment, changing the ice basket and auger and adding a new foam sealer and pin.  Folks that had this repair performed reported mixed success with the it.  

I would recommend that you speak or send correspondence to Samsung and asked for help to resolved this issue.  Mention that you are aware that a technical bulletin  has been issued for this problem.  At Samsung's discreption they may choose to help you and it's certainly worth trying the repair.  By the way don't chisel the ice away.  Just use a hair blower on a medium heat setting not hot since you don't what to cause more damage to your ice maker unit.

As for me I tried  sealing the ice maker compartment with silcone as instructed in the service bulletin. It helped but did not solved the problem.  Time between manually defrosting the unit has increased but the issue remains.

Right now I am working with Samsung to see if I can get help to resolve a more urgent problem.  My freezer unit is no longer cooling enough to freeze my food.  So far Samsung has been responsive but the problem remains.  It appears it may be a slow leak over three years of refrigerant.  Hopefully, if true, it may be still covered under the five (5) year sealed refrigerantion system warranty.

Give Samsung a try they have so far been responsive and willing to help me.

For more details search the web for "Samsung Ice Maker Service Bulletin."

The best of success to you!

user0sWDFQR9ru
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got through defrosting and chipping ice out of my ice maker again.  It is getting so bad that I have to dismantle the ice maker to get all of the ice out.  Just defrosting does not work anymore.  You would think that a high end refridgerator would work.  Next one will be anything but a Samsung.

Samsung_m45zVtl
Astronaut

What

userBSzg8NafBX
Constellation

ice maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung family hub ice maker freezes over.  Model RF 22M 9581.  Serial <Hidden>.  This model is on your May 2017 service bulletin.  Also it is included in a Class Action lawsuit that is currently in mediation.  Do you have a replacement freezer unit that can be installed or do I have to use bagged ice in the freezer compartment? Obviously, this is a defective ice maker and it should be replaced free of charge.

<Edited to remove private information>

userlFZ5pW6MlE
Constellation

Flex door rf23j9011 ice maker frozen up, what is the fix for this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator’s ice maker has frozen up. It was dripping water for a few weeks and then started not making ice so I pulled the bin out and discovered the ice maker had frozen up and has ice built up all over it. What is the fix for this?