cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userEVTXcOGPYb
Constellation

Refrigerator Model RF261BEAEWW Freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our refrigerator on 01/04/2014.  It has been serviced twice for the same issue in four years prior to the end of the extended warranty.  The back of the refrigerator, behind the panel, keeps freezing and building ice.  When it gets to a certain volume of ice, the fan starts to hit it, causing a lot of noise.   We have defrosted it twice since January and it continues to freeze up.   We called several appliance repair companies and most won't service Samsung products.   We have been told this issue is a known design flaw but there hasn't been a permanent fix identified.   Has anyone had this issue and have you found a resolution?

Thank you.

user8jUQbAPQh8
Constellation

Ice maker won't reset. No water upper or lower ice maker.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No water is flowing to either the upper or lower ice maker on my Model RFG298AARS Samsung french door refrigerator.  I unplugged it, removed all contents and blew a fan inside open doors for 6 hours.  So, it should be thawed if that was the problem.  I also tried pushing the reset button on the upper ice maker but no "ding".  What should I try now?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker won't reset. No water upper or lower ice maker.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are unable to reset the ice maker, we would need a technician to take a look at the unit. Please send us a private message to the link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

jayhitek
Constellation

RF24FSEDBSR Ice maker wire connectors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

683efc02-3d17-4b78-91cd-182347e9fd24.jpeg03512483-ff0a-4bb7-ae2e-dd95152c9549.jpeg50ce9f14-e098-4058-afbd-f265f538924e.jpegHello,
Does anyone know what the 3rd smaller brown wire does in the ice maker?
I have replaced my ice maker and bucket 2x each over the past 4 years. Tired of it constantly breaking and freezing up and having to reset and thaw..

I'm going to disable the icemaker and dump ice from a portable counter ice maker into the bucket.
The first big connector is for the actual ice maker. the 2nd connector apears to be for the motor and the switch onthe door and moving the arm inside the ice bucket. I obviously want to keep that connected..

But what does the 3rd smaller connector with the brown wire do?

Thank you,
Jay

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF24FSEDBSR Ice maker wire connectors

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good morning, 

This information would be available either through the service manual, or an actual service technician. To obtain a copy of the service manual, you can reach out to J&J Parts at 800-627-4368.

jayhitek
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Service manual now.
There's a wiring diagram but not a schematic..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will you please send a private message with the serial number so I can research this further? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

jayhitek
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I'll follow up with you there!

user8N6C257JhA
Astronaut

RF23M8070 icemaker stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION