Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They are being sued, classaction.org
user83lsI8lEkT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, I am with anyone who wants to start a class action.  I have to bring in a repairman for icemaker issues once every 3 MONTHS! I am upgrading my other appliances now, and will NEVER purchase any Samsung products ever again.  I am also telling anyone I know not to purchase Samsung.  It is a disgrace that the company does not stand behind their products, even the repairmen know this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMVh1ImUEXP
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung representative,  where is the solution to this issue?  What is the 800 number we need to call to get the service letter to provide  the needed repairs so that we can get our refrigerators work properly again?   If you cannot help us, who can?  Too many people are complaining about the ice maker for Samsung to continue to ignore it.  We all have the same problem, see picture.

userQ9rhqqXsWd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Of course they are still having trouble samsung sold a overly defective product. I am calling am attorney this week. The claim you had was the ice maker is supposed to make 10 lbs a day was a lie because for how far back these complaints go the company knows there was a problem and continue selling it. I did a lot of research before my purchase and all of these comments are hidden until you create an account. 

userSZDWfmlm3t
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here

userSZDWfmlm3t
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This Is a big expensive . Samsung don't reply to me unless you have the authority to have it serviced for free out of warranty. Yeah I didn't think so your weak .   When the law suit is filed my name will be on it.  I will do my best to name you as personally at fault ......

user44KdK7JDyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issues for me as well. Bought extended warranty, had it looked at multiple times. Icemaker is worthless. I was told most recently that it was a manufacturer defect and nothing else could be done. I will be looking into the Class Action Lawsuit.

userDMl5LVPEQd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What would be the ideal temperature of the freezer to keep the ice from freezing up?  Thank you

userUz0Bewdh7w
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replaced the ice maker and auger assembly and used the y-clip assembly and used more RTV around the ice maker housing as referenced in the service bulletin: 

ASC20170602002 

No more water dripping, no condensation/icing build up; the cubes are no longer slushy. The new problem is that, especially overnight, the top layer of cubes in the bucket clump together. We pull the bucket out in the morning, break up that clump, and usage throughout the day seems to prevent that from happening again until that night. Unless someone has a suggestion as to how to fix the clumpiong issue I can live with this compared to the water dripping and slushy cubes which also causes most of the ice being dispensed to come out as crushed instead of cubes.