JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

(Topic created on: 4/13/16 7:35 AM)
joeydonuts
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This happens occasionally, I usually pull out the ice bucket and re-insurt and it starts producing.

This time it won't start, it's been two days.

I can't find the reset button.

model RF263BEAESR

Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1,831 Replies
userMHPyajDl0A
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@ahv51 wrote:

freezer.JPG

We have the same issue. Have had geek squad out 3 times. Will never buy anything Samsung again. My refrigerator is a lemon. Have to remove wedged ice every day. It freezes up, doesn’t produce ice. When it does it is slushy. 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userMHPyajDl0A Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number if you would like for us to look into this for you: Link

0 Likes
castelo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Stop defrosting your refrigerator all the time! I realized the issue is that the ice maker doesn't know when it is full. So it continues to make ice even when the tub is already full of ice. When the cubes are released, there is nowhere for them to go so they get jammed up, then when the ice maker pours more water into the cube tray, it over flows into the tub since the cube tray couldn't be emptied. That water makes the ice in the tub slushy, and also creates a solid ice block that can prevent you from being able to pull out the tub. If that happens then you have to defrost. To prevent it, I turn the ice maker on in the morning, use it during the day, empty what remains into a tub in the freezer in the evening, then TURN IT OFF AT NIGHT. You can't let the tub get full or you will perpetuate the problem. Hope this helps.

Thortok
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
@castelo - The ice maker is designed to detect when it's full and stop making ice. If it's failing to do so, that sounds like there's something there that needs fixing.

Happy you've found a workaround at any rate, especially if you're out of warranty and it would cost to fix.
castelo
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, the sensing mechanism doesnt work. And Samsung is telling us it's an issue that requires reset and defrost, instead of actually troubleshooting the issue. That's why I posted the work around because it is extremely inconvenient to defrost the fridge.

Thortok
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
You should never have to manually defrost the refrigerator except maybe as a one-time troubleshooting step (in conjunction with something else that will prevent the need for a manual defrost in the future). If you have to defrost it more than once, the refrigerator needs service.
userMVh1ImUEXP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have been experiencing the same issue for over two years that we've owned this Samsung refrigerator. My last conversation with Samsung was the same that they have been giving you accept I suggested to the technitian that I use a hairdryer to rapidly thaw out the accumulated ice in the ice maker. See picture below. Now once a month I go in and use a hairdryer to melt the ice in the ice making device so that it will function again. It takes about ten minutes . Also remember to push the blue reset button for around 5 to 10 seconds or when you hear the beep to reset the ice making process.

I'm very interested if anyone knows of a solution whether it come from Samsung or a court for the consumer who made the mistake of buying this for Samsung product. I can tell you right now, on my last purchase of a big screen TV, Samsung was eliminated for this reason. Remember, always vote with your dollars, it is twenty-four seven democracy at its best.

userMVh1ImUEXP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
0 Likes
userhMQyBjQksL
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Go to Classaction.org, there is a class action law suit started due to ice maker issues, just register with classaction and they will keep you updated

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userhMQyBjQksL:  If you're needing assistance, feel free to send us a private message with your details http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes