JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Ice Maker Won't Dump

(Topic created on: 4/10/20 6:18 AM)
Dave022
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have an RFG237 refrigerator, and recently, the ice maker will not dump ice.  The cubes will form and end up on the spindle that pushes them out but will not distibute.  The next cycle of cubes will remain frozen in the tray and will either fuse to cubes on the spindle or remain in place in the tray.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

With the ice maker not wanting to dump the ice, you might want to reset the ice maker. See the image below. 

After resetting the ice maker, allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours).
  • Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. 

If the reset set did not help, service is required. Use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Dave022
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Pretty sure I didn't order it from overseas and have it shipped to PA.  I purchased it from Lowes.  My question relates to the Samsung refigerator's ice maker, which is readily available through distributors, but my question related to dumping the ice that's created in the maker.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

With the ice maker not wanting to dump the ice, you might want to reset the ice maker. See the image below. 

After resetting the ice maker, allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours).
  • Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. 

If the reset set did not help, service is required. Use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

0 Likes
Dave022
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Strange this is, not only did I attempt resets, I also purchased a new ice maker.  Guess what?  The new one did the same thing.

0 Likes
user3VZ4kmTvBm
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a RFG237AARS that is having issues with the ice maker.  We were getting a lot of crushed ice and large junks that jammed the auger.  I've tried resetting the icemaker as well as removing it to defrost.  It appeared to be working again and made a lot of ice but then began refreezing into large chunks again.  Recently it's gone back to jams, small chunks or even wet melted ice.  What are my options?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Odd.  Are you using ice constantly or is it getting the chance to sit in the bucket for a while before using? 

0 Likes
userxadiGbceGy
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same exact problem with the same refrigerator. I have replaced the ice maker which did not resolve the issue. 

0 Likes