cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the serial number number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem. Can I get the following information via private message?

userq7iflAemzK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I have the Same model unfortunately..How do you get this into forced defrost mode??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To defrost your unit, you would need to put the fridge in Demo Mode. By putting the fridge in Demo Mode, it will stop cooling and function as a retailer model. We only suggest doing this for one day to ensure the frost has melted. To put the unit in Demo Mode, touch and hold the Freezer, Fridge, and Door Alarm buttons at the same time again for 5 seconds. The refrigerator chime sounds once more.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersG574OfksR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No other refrigerator has this issue. Why do we need to do this to a unit that is 1.5 yrs. Old?
userjKk3roU7QG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dealing with the same issues and same model, is there anyway to get a refund for the purchase, missing work to be hame for the repair work that doesn’t fix the problem is getting costly let alone time is adding up.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A technician would need to determine that the unit couldn't be repaired.  At that point we could then look into other possible accommodations.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersG574OfksR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I need to have a technician contact me because I have the same issue that has been happening with this model since 2006. Law suit in 2017, so why is it still happening
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will be happy to look in to service options for you. Please send your serial number to this link.

View solution in original post

user89ZDBvwPvR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please check ours to the maker freezes up  s/n <HIDDEN>  model rf23j9011sr   thanks