cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFlvak1NBHt
Asteroid

I started having issues with my new refrigerator's ice maker last week.  It is only about 6 months old.  I was impacted by Hurricane Harvey and replaced the old fridge with this updated Samsung Flex from Best Buy.  It seems I may have been devastated twice.  Once by the Hurricane, a second time by this lemon refrigerator.  The ice jams on the side of the ice maker and a thick layer of frost accumulates on the bottom of the ice maker.  End results are no ice.  I try to dissolve the ice every two -three days and remove the buildup.  I wish Samsung executives would come and check the ice maker every two -three days themselves.  Is there something I can do?  Can Samsung do a service call to replace or fix at no cost.  My fridge is not even 8 months old.  Super Bummer.

It seems calling Samsung service does nothing but delay until after warranty expires and a true fix does not even exists.  HELP.  Does a true fix exist or am I just stuck with this poorly designed and engineered gadget?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ userFlvak1NBHt I would be happy to investigate this. Can you send a private message with the full model and serial numbers of the refrigerator? https://bit.ly/2mQxylV

usern1HCaev0Al
Constellation

I am having the same issue. How do I get my ice maker fixed? I would have never purchased if i knew it was defective. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usern1HCaev0Al   Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2bm8Mywcny
Astronaut

Samsung RF23J9011SR/AA has been very disappointing for me.  Along with that, Lowes warranty staff stretch the limits of consumer protection and satisfaction.  I have had service technicians repair  the ice maker three times for same issue of ice build up in the box, along with frost at back of refrigerator.  It is evident in my instance this model is a lemon, with poor design.  My Lowes warranty states that if my product requires a 4th visit (which this is), they will issue payment for retail replacement cost.  However, person I spoke with says they need to come out a 4th time, which is not my interpretation.  Samsung (for selling poorly designed product) and Lowes (for not honoring warranty) are responsible for this mess. 

userTexas
Constellation

Here's a link to the service bulletin if you don't want to sign up for a SCRIBD account.

https://members.msaworld.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2018/12/ASC20170602002_V3.pdf

usert7ZjIkqpKd
Constellation

There is one in the works that I found on line. I have the same refer and am still trying to get the ice maker work. 

user2vGZE5AiER
Astronaut

Same refrigerator here with exact same issues.  Purchased in 8/2015,  ice maker stopped working at month 14!  Ive spent countless hours attempting to "fix" the issue with recommendations from Samsung and researching.  I finally gave up and purchase bags of ice for my high end $3000 fridge!!  

Fast forward another year and a half and here I am again haunted by this POS.  The flex door portion stopped freezing and ruined all of the food inside.  I've been monitoring the temperature with a probe for weeeks and it is all over the board from 2- 22 degrees.  Frustrated again, I called Samsung this morning and got absolutely zero help on either of the matters at hand!!

I really am at my wits end and absolutey cannot believe this is allowed and acceptable.

userSbCc8d4NXq
Astronaut

We have also been experiencing this issue for quote a while. The ice cubes freez up as they are dumong and jam up the device. If I chip it out once a week, it runs for another 7 days or so. Appears there is no fix so what to do??

Model RF23J9011SR/AA

Date of manufacture  9/2015 Installed maybe early 2016.

jon

SlocumjonATgmail.com