cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: rf32fmqdbsr Ice Maker Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM1aAyfKzZn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just sent! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userDHb7sHcfqH
Constellation

Defective icemaker on RF25HMEDBSR/AA refridgerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a model RF25HMEDBSR/AA refridgerator purchased in late 2016 that also has the defective icemaker. It is so poorly insulated that there is a continual pond of water on my kitchen floor and will freeze up and stop working about every 2 weeks. The we have to go through an extensive de-icing process just to remove the unit as the ice forms under the unit which prevents it from moving so you cannot remove it. Even when the icemaker is working it takes about 90 seconds to fill a glass and sometimes when i have it on the crushed ice option, it decides to dispense cubes instead! I have had it repaired one replacing the icemaker and fan and am the process of having a second repair to complete a service bulletin that i found on the web. I have called Samsung many time but they are unresponsive on this issue but should be embarressed to see a premium priced product with so low performance.

userqPOQkqYI9x
Astronaut

Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After seeing all the posts about this refrigerator, I wish I would have done some more researcher. Ice maker started clumping up, now it just stopped working. Has anyone had luck with Samsung replacing ice maker?  

userWR8E4eHlgb
Astronaut

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I BOUGHT MY REFRIGERATOR ON MARCH 13, 2017 PAID 2,753.24. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THE ICE MAKER FOR OVER 6 MONTHS AND NOW THE WHOLE REFRIGERATOR STOPPED WORKING. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON TO WHAT I CAN DO?

IT WAS MADE IN 2015 SO THEIR IS NO WARRANTY AFTER THREE YEARS. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT

userQ57wNTkPDd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the exact same issue.  Bought in 2016 and a month after warranty ended in 2017, the ice maker started freezing up.  Samsung just wants to send a repairman at my cost.  Everything I read it's a faulty design.  Tried discussing this with Samsung Reps and they won't discuss it   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQ57wNTkPDd Please send a private message with the full model code and serial number of the refrigerator. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

userCR8o0d18Ii
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same! I had to replace my ice maker today, Is there an open class action? I am getting nowhere with the online chat agent. 

Highlighted
ELcalifornia
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi glbartle1-

I am having similar issues with my ice maker (doesn't dispense ice anymore).  It actually started dripping tiny bits of water.  My wife had used all the ice and now, ice is no longer being made.  I'm having a service person from Samsung coming by next week.  I'll post as I find more information.  Fortunately, the refridgerator is with the 1-year warranty period.  As I read through the blogs, it does appear that this issue is a systemic design issue and there probably needs to be a recall on the Ice Making unit.  Maybe there is a recall, and I'm not aware of it.  More to come after service comes next week.  Oh, btw - the model is RF22K9381SG/AA. Thanks for your post.