cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOFMNy5s5Ji
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it only fair to give Samsung an opportunity to make it right. Will repost after!

userKVwtctCdUy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this same fridge and, aside from the ice maker, the fridge works great for us. We bought the fridge in April of 2017 then in 2018 had the ice maker serviced for freezing over, It worked for a few months, then it begain freezing over again - for their part, Samsung did send the tech company back out "as a once time courtesy" to ensure the work was done correctly the first time (it was not). Unfortunately, the ice maker continues to feeze over despite the service ocmapny having (supposedly) repairing it twice now. See attached photo from this morning.5-13-19.jpg

At this point I am contemplating turing off the ie maker and purchasing a counter top ice maker - which is not something one would think you'd have to do only two years after purchase of such an expensive refidgerator unit as this. Sadly, the class action lawsuit seems to be going nowhere slowly and Samsung refuses to do anythign else to help consumers. I am simply out of ideas now...

Highlighted
user6gTfdNiOHb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It identical to our ice maker.  Unfortunately there is no way to turn off the ice maker per se, only the delivery through the door.  It will continue to have the ice buildup inside.  (I tried this).  I can't ever recommend buying a Samsung appliance due to lack of support for a poorly engineered/designed product that evidently has many people upset and they fail to support.

UPDATE - Samsung provided warranty service for the ice maker.  It has been redesigned/engineered and updated the service instructions.  It was replaced with the updated unit yesterday and is again making ice and NOT freezing over.  We have used Samsung since living in Korea and like the brand, so was very frustrated with this problem.  We have numerous appliances and electronic products that are Samsung.  Hope the new design resolved the issue for the long term.  Thank you Samsung for getting this right.

userE3ri3GRTUG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue. Spent about an hour on phone with customer support in Feb.  Was assurred that reset woudl cure the problem. NOT SO. Been chipping and defrosting for months.  Samsung this needs resolution. You have my money and told me this would make ice.  I held up my end. It is time for you to do the same.

userQKsILwhoUN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having this issue on and off as well. I purchased the fridge for my remod in December 2016, but didn't start using it until May 2017. Recently it's been needing to be completely defrosted every couple of weeks. Finally this weekend, it won't produce ice after the defrost that usually works. 

---Update---

After messaging Samsung about this, they put in a request for a tech to come out and it was fixed yesterday. The tech said that there's a new service bulliten, which came out two months ago, that in his optinion is much better than their previous fixes. They replaced the motherboard, ice maker, and drain tube on my fridge. They also sealed along the bottom of the ice area to prevent moisture from getting in.

userM1aAyfKzZn
Asteroid

rf32fmqdbsr Ice Maker Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Samsung Refrigerator Model # RF28HFEDTSR/AA with 2 ice makers in Feb. 2018. For the last couple of weeks, neither ice maker is working. I've tried reseting, unplugging, turning on and off. Nothing seems to work. The water line is not frozen, water dispenses without a problem. I've changed the filter, re-installed the filter, nothing! For what I paid, this should have lasted much longer!

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: rf32fmqdbsr Ice Maker Not Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you getting any response when you press the reset switch on the ice maker?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM1aAyfKzZn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing from the top ice maker. I can't find/reach the bottom one. I've tried all of the reset methods & suggestions I found with my online/internet search for this model and several others as well, with no results. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userM1aAyfKzZn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just sent!