cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glbartle1
Asteroid

Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator in June 2016 and the warranty expired in June 2017.  Around September 2017 I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least.  Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits pertaining to this icemaker issue?     

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We will be happy to look in to service options for you. Please send your serial number to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

108 REPLIES 108
userxuLT32fWEb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue, and now will no longer make ice. Just stopped working. Had a company come look at it and quoted me $500 to replace the ice maker. Any solution would be wonderful and am also interested in any kind of class action suit. We have the same 4door Samsung fridge. 

userRUBBbSaHFn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is important that people don't waste their time or money looking for fixes that don't exist and paying for fixes that don't work. A current legal document alleges that since 2006, these problems have been widespread in Samsung fridges (just look at this message board), and that there has been no permanent solution found to the problems listed. If you are not sure whether your problem is one of these non-fixable problems, search for a copy of the lawsuit online (it was filed in 2017), which will state the exact problems and models of the fridges, for which the only solution is replacement. I would post links to it here, but when I tried that before, the Samsung police deleted my post (only proving further what the lawsuit alleges--that Samung has known about these defects since 2015 and yet continue to fraudulently conceal the defects from consumers).I've had my fridge since 2014, it started exhibiting problems in 2015, and now, after manually defrosting it scores of times over the past 4 years, and paying hundreds of dollars in repairs and lost food (spoilage), I'm chucking it out for another, and will gladly be taking a 20-pound sledgehammer to it.

#NeverSamsung

useruuyPMXYeSY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the same ongoing issues with our Samsung Model RF263BEAESR refrigerator.  Always dripping, ice doesn't dispense because storage area is wet and freezes in clumps, among others.  Finally last week it froze over completely and stopped making ice altogether.

We called the store that we purchased the refrigerator from and a service tech came out and was very familiar with the problem. ($96 service call)  He indicated that there is a service bulletin #ASC20170602002 issued on this;  https://www.scribd.com/document/326002649/Samsung-FDBM-Refrigerators-Service-Bulletin-Ice-Makers-Fre... . He also indicated that Samsung has already settled a class action law suit.  If you Google it you can find plenty of articles on the settlement.

The repair is to replace the ice maker altogether with part No. DA97-1217D (Ice Maker) and part No. DA82-02367A (Clips) to the tune of an additional $283. So now we have an additional $465 into this 1 year 8 month old refrigerator. Numbers don’t add up because that $465 includes $86 to replace the cheap door shelves that broke.

We called Samsung.  Got Tech support and asked them about the service bulletin.  The Tech. claimed not to be aware of the bulletin which I was able to find after one attempt on Google.  It was the first listing and details what the issue is.

After STRONGLY pressing the issue and telling the Tech. that we are aware of the class action suit he changed his tone but not by much.  He put me on hold.  When he got back to the call he indicated that they had settled the law suit but unfortunately our Refrigerator was manufactured in August of 2016 and the class action suite only covered models manufactured after December of 2016 (We purchased the unit December 24, 2016.  Merry Christmas).  When I told the Tech that I wanted to speak to a supervisor he indicated to call back during regular hours (9:00 AM to 9:00 PM EST.) and request Executive Customer Relations.  All this just happened last night at 8:45 PM. Couldn’t figure out why he just could not transfer my call. We are still pursuing the issue. 

Call Samsung! 1-800-SAMSUNG.  I'll repost what results, if any, we end up with.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you receive a ticket number so I can look into this for you?

glbartle1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do not have a ticket number.

usergcP3v4LUtg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator isn’t even a year old. Ice maker was replaced 2 weeks ago yesterday and it stopped working again yesterday. Had I known about these issues, I definitely wouldn’t have bought Samsung. Terrible customer service and products. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ usergcP3v4LUtg I am sorry about the reoccurrence of the symptom that you are experiencing. I would be happy to look into it further. Can you reach out via private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the most recent ticket number and the contact phone number associated with your account? 

userg8g9b2iyu0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues described in this forum.  Has anyone gotten satisfaction from the Samsung Moderator after supplying the requested model and serial #?  Does anyone have the specifics on the previously settled Class Action/Recall.  

user2lWXw3uR5z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an RF23J9011SR/AA refrigerator built in February 2016 and purchased in April 2016 that has recently started having the same problems with the ice maker freezing up. Is there a solution to this problem and how do I manage it?