cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userivKV2sAoEK I totally understand the frustrations. I want to look into this for you. Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userHj1G1qyamI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issues and this is posted everywhere on internet - agree Samsung needs to own up to the defect. 

userI4KcbYLpgh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as everyone else. I am now at the chiseling the ice out once a week phase, and dreading when it stops altogether. Usually it is so frozen over that I cannot physically remove the part until it has defrosted and leaked all over my floor. I purchased the refrigerator in July 2017, of course the issues began after the warranty was up. It's an ice maker, not a huge manufacturing error. A simple ice maker. Come on Samsung, get it together, this refrigerator has turned out to not be worth even half the price we paid. I tell everyone who comes over and swoons over the fridge that it is a complete waste of money, so do not purchase the same refrigerator. Seeing as this issue is known and long standing is bad business to say the least. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

user83vYDGfVwL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my rf23j9011sr/aa. Is there a fix, yet?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing problems with your ice maker, the first thing to try is to reset the ice maker. There is a test button on the ice maker. Press and hold the test button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds). If there is no chime, power off the fridge by turning off the circuit breaker or unplugging the fridge for 2 minutes and then try again.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JAM20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator in June 2016 and the warranty expired in June 2017.  Around September 2017 I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least.  Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits pertaining to this icemaker issue?     

usermm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too  am having this problem.  Has anyone gotten any solution for this?  Samsungs response is totally unacceptable!  2 years for a refrigerator is ridiculous.

Greenvilleuser
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues and need help.  I am very frustrated at this point!

userE7H1LvdppF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Have you found a solution? I have the same exact problem with mine.  Have had for a while.  Had it serviced before.  Have gone through thawing, chiseling.  For the last year have just been buying ice because so frustrating.  Now, just fed up doing that.  Should not be for what I paid for this refrigerator.  Had someone out again and they quoted me close to 400.00.  I called samsung and they told me to repair it and then let them know if it happens again. (Repairman wont give me more than 120 days warranty because he says it will happen again.  Does anyone have a solution other than throwing your money away?  Thanks !