cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send a private message with the serial number of the refrigerator. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

usergTbaLx5KSS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue ice maker freezing up defrost it and push reset button and still freezes up. 

ice maker model DA97-12317A this happened just after the warranty went out on it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usergTbaLx5KSS Please send a private message with the full model code and the serial number of the refrigerator. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

beartrack
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have a relatively new, refrigerator with ice maker issues. Seems like common problem.

is the class action suit an option

VA-Fridge-Owner
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My story is the same as the original poster. Even though Samsung replaced the entire ice maker mechanism (as a "one time courtesy") in the Spring of 2019, I still have the same problem. Water drips from ice c h u t e, ice maker freezes up every few weeks and stops making ice. At the time I thought Samsung was kind to do this even though my fridge was right out of warranty.

Gotta say, the Dish Network techs who work with Samsung are very thourough and have all the right tools (ipad type tablet, probes, temp gauges, steamer). Unfortunatly they can't fix something that is so flawed.

So even if they "take care of you" it doesn't help in the long run. What I have to do is get out a steam cleaner (similar to the one the Dish Network tech used) every few weeks and melt the block of ice.

The sad thing is at one point Samsung said they would replace my fridge for a new one, but a few days later they backtracked and said they couldn't do that. Huge disapointment.

Basically, the options are to wait for a recall or write the thing off and sell it as a nice fridge with non-functioning ice maker.

userivKV2sAoEK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this model in April 2017 and in the past few months it first started to spit out a little water when trying to get ice, then providing ice, to now nothing. The auger spins but no ice. 

Seems like there’s a recurring theme with this product. I would expect Samsung to stand behind its products. It is not unreasonable to think that a $3,000 refrigerator would provide more than a couple of years of service.

Samsung, what’s the deal here?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userivKV2sAoEK I totally understand the frustrations. I want to look into this for you. Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number?

userHj1G1qyamI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issues and this is posted everywhere on internet - agree Samsung needs to own up to the defect. 

userI4KcbYLpgh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as everyone else. I am now at the chiseling the ice out once a week phase, and dreading when it stops altogether. Usually it is so frozen over that I cannot physically remove the part until it has defrosted and leaked all over my floor. I purchased the refrigerator in July 2017, of course the issues began after the warranty was up. It's an ice maker, not a huge manufacturing error. A simple ice maker. Come on Samsung, get it together, this refrigerator has turned out to not be worth even half the price we paid. I tell everyone who comes over and swoons over the fridge that it is a complete waste of money, so do not purchase the same refrigerator. Seeing as this issue is known and long standing is bad business to say the least. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?