cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glbartle1
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well folks, I hate to say that after over a year of having to chip away ice cubes so that the icemaker could continue making ice, it has finally [REDACTED].  I have now resorted to filling the ice bucket using bagged ice.   This is absolutely absurd!

These Samsung Moderators are useless. No, I'm not sending anymore private messages with the date that I purchased my refrigerator so that I can be told that my warranty has expired, however, they can recommend a list of repair shops in my area.      

user1fAlxXCSiY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same issue with exact same model.  Purchased Nov. '15, installed June '16, first problem Oct. '17.  Unit totally frozen up, no ice.  Still occurring.  Samsung's soution was to tell us we were out of warranty, & to send us a service person to look at it for $200 BEFORE any work is done or parts!!!

Do NOT buy this product!

userP0TSHyyfzP
Constellation

Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased my refrigerator, RF23J9011SR/AA model in June 2018. My issues are the same as the other customers stated here and started approximately 2 months ago - the refrigerator in use just over 6 months. To read that there have been performance issues for many years prior without a notable solution is disturbing. I feel foolish as a consumer to have not researched this product efficienltly. How can Samsung continue to manufacture equipment without redesigning the problem?  Is it best to go to the purchasing agent for repair assistance, or a Samsung technician? Is there a way to disconnect or turn off the icemaker in the meantime?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is going on with your icemaker?

userOHfWN1Qe5T
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with same model. Bought fridge in Feb 2017; icemaker froze and Samsung repaired in July 2018 as a courtesy. In March 2019,it happened again. Called Samsung and they would not repair for free claiming my fridge was manufatured in September 2016 and the bulletin only covered the models made after December 2016.  The rep walked me through a work around:  take out drawer and rinse in warm water, chip off ice, take a warm wet cloth and wipe down the inside frost/ice until it comes out.  Then, reset the icemaker.  Worked for a month.  Icemaker froze again in April 2019 (3rd time) and I applied work around myself.  Called Samsung and pleaded with them to come out and fix it for free but they INSIST on following their protocol of having a serviceman call  me within 24-48 hours, have him walk me through making repairs myself and then, they may come out (but there may be a charge).  I asked for a supervisor and they rep wouldn’t give me one.  THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.  I paid about $2900 for this fridge and can’t get ice on a reliable basis.  

userbIi7o3Ow3f
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought ours in 2017 and after 2 years are ready to write off a $2500 appliance and replace it with a GE unit.  We have 5 Samsung tv’s ,  &  Samsung washer/ dryer but this ice maker issue has completely ruined the Samsung brand for me.  Never again for any appliance or electronics.

userKZ63DbGaJw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got off the phone with Samsung, we bought our Samsung RF23J9011SR refrigerator in November of 2017. We had to have our ice maker repaired in July of 2018 because it would freeze up and not make ice. The technician said that this was a design flaw and that he is consistently fixing them.  Now today it’s April 2019 and the ice maker is freezing up again and not making ice. I called Samsung and they are saying it’s out of warranty and I have to pay?!? Really Samsung?!?? You didn’t fix it the first time!!! They said they would do me a 1 time favor and cover parts and labor. I told them there are all these complaints about this ice maker and they are saying that there is no recall on this!!! SMH 

userN8joJ4cihG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who would pay 2900 hundred dollars for a refrigerator? Theres your first problem right there. That's like yall buying 1000 dollars phones and needing a ride to the store. You better put that phone on airplane mode and fly up outta my face.

userOFMNy5s5Ji
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll tell you - I paid a bit more and, other than the icemaker,  I LOVE this fridge. Unfortunately, the icemaker is a huge feature and I am not happy that it's not operating properly. Will repost after my first (and hopefully final) first technician visit to find a fix.

userOFMNy5s5Ji
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could be the most naive person on the planet, but I just had an online chat (first contact with Samsung) about this fridge's icemaker and was ASSURED it would be resolved. Can it be they have recognized now that this is a problem with their fridge? I don't have six visits and no resolution.